Best QB in the state?

dafuture4all

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burton Elrod of David Lipscomb. This kid is small in stature but huge in the way he leads the Mustangs. He lead them to a state title last year as a sophmore. Elrod is very quick, just ask Tyner & Goodpasture & all the other playoff teams that Lipscomb faced. Elrod is a very accurate passer & can throw the deep ball if he has too. Elrod makes Lipscomb's offense very versitile with his athletic abilities. Look for the Mustangs to light up the scoreboard this year. Of course, he needs to stay healthy. He gets my vote for one of the top QB's in the state.

Csense why don't you tell us what school Phelps goes to. Yes the wing-t is back, but he still threw over 150 yrds in 2 qtrs at the jamboree Fri night and 2 tds.

Phelps is at Soddy-Daisy. He looked good passing in the jamboree. Receivers looked equally as good.

I heard you were not exactly the happiest man alive when the wing-t came back? Was that just a vicious lie and rumor?

Unfortunately, the wing-t especially as it has been run at SD in recent past has been more run oriented. It looks like SD may struggle running between the tackles, which has been their bread and butter lately.

P.S. It looked to me like the 2nd score came with a lot of subs on Cleveland's part, but I am not sure.

I know it's been more run than pass, but I think if Coach Ryan will continue to let Coach Campbell (Off. Coordinator) call the plays, the ball will be in the air more. I don't know who the 1st and 2nd teams are for Cleveland, but that last drive sure was fun, and the good part of it was we moved the ball 70 yrds, without being able to stop the clock, and put it in the endzone without letting the clock run out. Trea Jackson, Kyle Winton, and Chris Groce all made some great catches. As far as the wing-t coming back, I may have been the only one who actually bought into Coach's claim that we were going to run the I, everyone else told me he wouldn't do it. Running between the tackles? More changes have occured on the O line this week.

THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD QUARTERBACKS IN TENNESSEE. BUT A QB CAN'T DO HIS STUFF IF THE THE LINEMAN AND THE RECEIVER'S CAN'T DO THIER JOB'S. WHEN I COMES DOWN TO IT I FEEL WILL HUDGENS OF RIDGEWAY IS THE ONE WHO IS THE BEST. STATS DON'T PROVE ANYTHING. THIS KID IS SMART AND A LEADER. I HAVE SEEN HIM MAKE DECISIONS ON THE FIELD THAT MOST COLLEGE PLAYERS ARE NOT ABLE TO. IN THE END I THINK HUDGENS WILL GET A LOT MORE OFFERS THAN HE HAS NOW AND SOMEONE WILL GET ONE HECK OF A QB.

I know it's been more run than pass, but I think if Coach Ryan will continue to let Coach Campbell (Off. Coordinator) call the plays, the ball will be in the air more. I don't know who the 1st and 2nd teams are for Cleveland, but that last drive sure was fun, and the good part of it was we moved the ball 70 yrds, without being able to stop the clock, and put it in the endzone without letting the clock run out. Trea Jackson, Kyle Winton, and Chris Groce all made some great catches. As far as the wing-t coming back, I may have been the only one who actually bought into Coach's claim that we were going to run the I, everyone else told me he wouldn't do it. Running between the tackles? More changes have occured on the O line this week.

I like to hear about the O-line changes. I don't like to single any one out, but as a unit they did not look like I have seen SD lines before.

It certainly did look like some confidence was rising during the jamboree regardless of who was on the field for Cleveland. That is a good thing considering the mid summer changes.

I haven't seen many of the middle Tennessee quarterbacks but I have coached against Will Hudgens of Ridgeway and can say that hands down he is the best QB in West Tennessee and I would guess as good as any in the whole state. With his size, mobility and arm, he'll be playing on saturday afternoon for a DI school. :)

He people Wil Blowe is a good quarterback, he just dont have anybody to throw to like last year, plus he doesnt he have a good line like some of these other good quarterback. he will play quarterback in college or d-b. Depends on how good he throw the ball this year. You people forgot bout Ryan Moore from Mcallie who has a 94 mph fastball. He is ranked in the nation though in football and baseball.

Scott should be a good one for our team. With experience, he should get better in a hurry. If you come to the game tonight you can see for yourself. I think everyone realizes that we have to have balance to win, even though with the backfield tandem that we have, it would be tempting to run most of time. However, I am ready to see some teams burned that load up in the box to try to stop the run.