5A Football

2Good4u

I believe when you are looking at paper and think about who does everyone have coming back,etc then I'll give you my top 5 "favorites." As we know, as long as they keep score on Friday nights, rarely do the favorites back up their "hype." But, for the sake of the thread, I'll list the top 5 teams in 5A that look to be better than everyone on paper right now.

No particular order:

1. Brentwood

2. Dobyns Bennet (would be Jeff Co, but have to prove to be able to beat DB)

3. Riverdale (top 5er without even knowing who they have returning)

4. Oak Ridge (should be deep in the playoffs every year with that talent)

5. Oakland (see #3's reason)

Teams that could jump up and be spoiler:

No particular order:

1.Mcminn(good enough talent, and no one knowing the new coach's style just yet could go in Mcminn's favor).

2.Sevier Co.(sorry, it's in my blood; kids believe they can win)

3.Bearden (youth got experienced last year, they will NEVER beat themselves as long as Maynard is there).

4.South Doyle (talent,talent,talent-scary!)

5.William Blount(new coach, new attitude=mystery)

*Obviously, I'm more aware of Region 1 and 2. I'd be interested to get some guy's out of Middle Tn for their view.

I talked to the coach of Mcminn Co. not to long ago he said they will run a mix of the Wing-t and the veer but with a lot more passing. Look for him to come out in the shot gun and trick plays at least twice a game if not more

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tlove,

I think you have to put Lincoln CO. and Franklin in there somewhere. Both teams had good runs last year and I am pretty sure that Lincoln Co is loaded again this year.

Give me a break man. If you wanna put Lincoln Co. into the top 5..what about the Cookeville Cavaliers??

If memory serves me right...Cookeville SPANKED Lincoln Co. on their own turf!!!!

man what is yiur beef?! lincoln county has the upmost respect of just about everybody in 5a football, there are a big player every year in 5a if that makes u feel any better. lincoln county will be good, but i just dont think they are state championship good, i mean yes they return 17 starters, but do keep in mind that team went 4-6 with a fluke, yes fluke win against riverdale, so when you beat oakland or riverdale then i may think differently.

well mr. bad guy why do you think riverdale and oakland has to be so bad since they are returning a few starters..

unlike you most people understand lincoln county got killed last year with about 32 fumbles.. any team that turn the ball over will not win many games

it want be the same this year bud not when we play riverdale or oakland in the boro...

my point is everybody talk about the boro teams like they run football in middle tennessee...riverdale does very well but oakland has not done anything..

lincoln county ruled the boro teams for years and we could not get a conversation..

Tlove,

I think you have to put Lincoln CO. and Franklin in there somewhere. Both teams had good runs last year and I am pretty sure that Lincoln Co is loaded again this year.

Give me a break man. If you wanna put Lincoln Co. into the top 5..what about the Cookeville Cavaliers??

If memory serves me right...Cookeville SPANKED Lincoln Co. on their own turf!!!!

cookeville lincoln county will beat you by 4 touch =downs this year on your turf something they should have did last year...

when was the last time cookeville beat lincoln county other than 02

thank you!!!

Guest Oakland

oakland hasnt done anything?! man what are you smoking? oakloand has made it to the quarterfinals in every year but last year since 1998, something lincoln county hasnt been able to do. oakland won state in 98 and came within one game of going back in 1999, so to say that oakland hasnt done anything is just a plain lie. Now, there is a reason oakland-riverdale-blackman are so highly regarded in middle tn, they consistently have done well in the playoffs, except for they have tp play each other, numerous state appearances by riverdale namely, but oakland has been to contribute so in that department as well and all of them play a consistently tough non-region schedule to go along with maybe playing in the toughes region in the state as well, something lincoln county cant say playing in one of the weaker regions in tennesssee, i mean man playing teams such as warren co. franklin co. and cookeville must be tough since we play riverdale,blackman,and lebanon every year in our league. in closing, i have the upmost respect for coach louis thompson and lincoln county, to say that they arent a major player in 5a would just lying, but until they win a big game, preferably at oakland or at riverdale , i wont think differently otherwise

I do know much about middle TN football, but here`s top three contender`s to come out of the east

#1. Jefferson County ( snuck up on people last year, this year they have the talent and the will to go far in the playoff`s)

#2 DB ( tradition of winning, been the best in the east for many years,will be faceing the tought compition that Jeff Co. and Oar Ridge have put out in years)

#3 Oak Ridge ( tough lost in the playoffs last year should rebound with another athletic team, not enough to beat either of the top two however.

These are my prediction`s a lot can chage before or after the season starts