13. Gibbs getting bigger and stronger but no athetes

14. Catholic still to slow

15.CAK to little of talent to choose from

16.TSD not sure what type of ball they will play

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell's quarterback Cole Patrick has a live arm and they have Dustin Plumlee as a new receiver. He will help. The young running back Cody Watts will put up big numbers not only because he is VERY athletic, but also because the line is really solid for Powell. I think they could win 8 games or more if the chips fall right.

1. Central

2. Austin East

3. Powell

4. Fulton

5. Bearden

6. Farragut

7. Carter

8. Halls

9. Webb

10. Gibbs

11. West

12. South Doyle

13. Karns

14. Catholic

15. CAK

I think Powell will surprise some people and win 7-8 games and be the 3rd team from region 3-4A in the playoffs behind Central and Maryville with Carter 4th.

Knox Catholic should be included anywhere from 5th to 7th in Knoxville. I don't know where people get them being worse than Bearden, Carter, Karns, Webb, South-Doyle, Gibbs, or West. They have great skill position players and if you think they lack speed, just watch some of their RB's. My rankings would go like this:

1. Central

2. AE

3. Fulton

4. Powell

5. Farragut

6. Catholic

7. Bearden

8. Halls

9. West

10. Webb

11. South-Doyle

12. Carter

13. Karns

14. Gibbs

15. CAK

Whoever said something about South-Doyle having no leadership was on the money. Normally you wouldn't have a player walk over to the opposing sideline, throw out the F word, yelling it even so little kids could hear, as part of an insult then walk back to the huddle and get patted on the helmet like "good job." Then get told by the coach not to worry about it, they're a bunch of rednecks. It started when the player dropped a punt and the player from the other team jumped after it, the SD guy then was pushing and shoving I imagine trying to save face. The players on the bench were yelling for their guy but I didn't hear the first insult-or racial slur-to the South Doyle player. Believe me the Sequatchie players would still be running if a coach heard that.

Knox Catholic should be included anywhere from 5th to 7th in Knoxville. I don't know where people get them being worse than Bearden, Carter, Karns, Webb, South-Doyle, Gibbs, or West.

They "get" that because its true. Are you sayin Catholic can beat these teams? You are absolutely kidding yourself. Catholic doesn't ahev nearly the depth, skill players, or speed and strength to compete with any of those teams. :justwrestle:

IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER WHAT YOU RANK THEM AS LONG AS YOU HAVE MARYVILLE ON TOP BECAUSE NO OF THEM CAN BEAT MARYVILLE. THIS IS JUST NOT TRASH TALK ITS ALSO PROOF OF THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS WHEN EVERYONE SAID THEY WERE GOIN TO BEAT THEM AND IT ENDED UP BEING 40-17 OR 54 TO 6 JUST SOMETHING LIKE THAT SO GO AHEAD AND PUT MARYVILLE ON TOP

I'm not for sure, but the thread was RANK THE KNOXVILLE TEAMS. Last I heard, Maryville wasn't located in Knoxville.

Why is it that some of the Maryville fans on here always have to include their 2 cents everywhere. Most people on here respect what what Maryville has done the last few years but if you believed some of their fans, you'd think that Maryville was the equivalent of Rodney Dangerfield, no respect at all.

I'm surprised none of them have started a thread, "Rank The Maryville teams" :justwrestle:

reddevilfever,

You are exactly right. The man is a blemish on the good people of

South Knoxville. You must be a player to have seen this man act that way. I certainly saw the many things he has done over the past few years - walking his team out like they are the cockiest bunch of heatherns in the world.

Last year at South-Doyle, I heard, with my own ears, Coach Swafford curse the ball boy from Halls (this was not some young kid, but probably a young 30ish, fat, ball boy). Knowing full well who the ball boy was and his connection to Halls, I'm amazed he didn't hit the coach.

These instances and many others are probably the reasons for a new direction in the administration at S-D. But Clark Duncan doesn't put up with that for very long.

Edited by reddevil1