Updating Games Realtime

DelTavian

OK, let me re-write what I said in another form.

CoachT has an answering machine, possibly one of those that uses a computer (yes you can do that).

OK, he has the games pre-typed in to a seperate scoreboard.

OK, before the games, coach gives a special number for a game. Lets say I was reporting the score for a Loretto vs. Ezell Harding.

OK, coacht would have the game pre-typed into the scoreboard along with how ever many other games there are in Tennessee.

OK, coacht puts up a game number a few days before the game day. Let's say Loretto vs. Ezell is game number 5.

OK, I would call in to coacht's voicemail, push in 5 on my phone dial, and I would give an update of the game. Lets say its 7-7 in the first quarter. I would call in and say the score is Loretto 7 Ezell 7 in the first quarter.

OK, after I called in my score and hung up, that recorded message automatically goes to that game and the people on coacht.com click the Loretto vs. Ezell Harding game and my update comes over the internet via streaming audio, and the fan gets the update on coacht.com. Then if another update is available, the system would simply update the 7-7 score. Lets say the score in the 3rd quarter is 14-14. I would call in again, push in the game number (number 5), then say the updated score. The system would update, and the updated score using streaming audio would come over the computer speakers of the coacht.com user.

Hope this clears it up a little bit.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The day must be coming where we can get text updates on our cell phones, as well as send the scores in.

The key will be to pitch in and help CoachT.com purchase the equipment that will receive and disperse the information -- without Coach T having to be present or involved in the process.

At the very least, I would think there would be some type of equipment that could automatically update the web site. It would probably involve us calling in and hitting numbers on our cell phones. There has to be some type of equipment and software that can convert that information to the web site.

Does anyone out there have knowledge of such products?

Thanks to my trusty new laptop from robjim I plan to give scoring updates during the games at Grundy. I'll have it plugged in in the pressbox and post score updates each quarter at least.

I'm hoping lots of folks will do this so I can report scores of other games over the PA.

Anybody thinking of doing this?

Del.

Make sure this doesn't upset your coach by keeping the gate down.

10,000 comedians out of work and look who just chimed in.

:D

Del.

That would be a great idea! Audio updates throughout the night... "This is another CoachT.com Sundrop Audio Update... the Franklin Rebels have just pulled ahead against Brentwood for the first time in three years on a 55 yard bomb from Matt Solima to Ryan Nichols. The score with thirty seconds remaining has Franklin leading the Bruins 21-20. This is Taylor Flatt, stay tunned for more Sundrop Audio Updates as they become available."