David Wolke

Guest region4fan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't being 18 years old before the start of your senior year kind of unusual? I would be interested in knowing what that is all about.

No, actually a player who turns 19 this week could be eligible.

"A student shall be ineligible in high school if he or she becomes 19 years of age on or before Aug. 1 or in junior high if he or she becomes 16 years of age on or before Aug. 1."

I don't know... after just reading the Tennessean article, this all seems like an over-reaction to me. He moved a girl aside and punched a guy. Not this is excusable, but, he's not the first person to lose his cool and hit a guy. How often does someone get charged for this though? I think we should all have a little consideration for David as this is probably a very difficult time for him as well.

i don't know this young man and it is not my place to judge him.......

i will comment on this topic, for the sake of the younger readers.......

it does not matter how good of an athlete you are.....everything you do in life has consequences........every action and decision you make, on or off the field, has an effect on you, your friends, family and other loved ones.....that is life...

the ability to exercise good judgment can carry you far in life.......

i know of a young man that was being recruited by a top D1 basketball program...a program that has a reputation of being run above board and without reproach.....when they found out that this player had a child, they went cold....plain and simple.....

so to you young players out there, please turn this unfortunate event into a lesson for you.....take your time, think things through, and make good decisions....

remember, the decisions you make will affect everyone around you.....including yourself

Guest region4fan

The injury to Wolke is not a rumor according to today's Daily News Journal. It said that he would be side-lined for a week , and that Stephen Childs would be playing QB until Wolke is healed. I do not know whether he was injured at practice or elsewhere. I assume it was at practice or a scrimmage.

I agree that kids need to think hard before doing something impulsive. It only takes seconds to ruin what you have worked your whole life for......just ask Eric Locke.

well i knwo that brandon james use to play football for smyrna.. he was a great player.. he was number 5 and helped the team out.. i think he stopped to concentrate on baseball but some of the reason is that he wasnt getting the playing time he thought he deserved.. and for wolke i think he got jelous of james and took out his anger on him.. if he goes to court and gets convicted i think almost all if not all of his scholarships will go away... a school dont want to bring someone in who has a flony on them.. that woul dmake them look bad... but like everyoen was saying no one knows the entirre truth except the people who were there.. so until one of them tell us the story its all speculation.. and accoring to the tennessean james cant rememebr anything so that means he cant really say his side of the story if he dont remember... i this this will just add to the contravery that the coaches favor wolke.. who knows.. i guess we'll just have to wait and see what happenes this year... i ahve a question.. did wolke go to jail or was he released??

Oh for... !!! And I thought this was something that was serious!

I definitely don't see this as something that should be held against Wolke in the long run. It's a FIGHT, for crying out loud. It's not like he killed somebody, raped his girlfriend, or was dealing drugs.

Fights happen every year - just look at Albert Haynesworth, who's playing for the Titans! He got in a fight with a offensive lineman last week, kicked him right in the chest while he was down, a questionable incident to be sure but should the lineman call the cops on him??? NO.

And I don't think colleges will get scared in recruiting Wolke because of this, either, and really they shouldn't.

Why?

1) Again as I said, it sounds as though it was just a fight, because Wolke got mad at somebody, possibly because of a social situation that went awry. And how many of us have experienced that in high school? I know I did, and I've also been in a couple of fights.

2) He simply pushed the girl aside, because, I'm sure he just didn't want her to get hurt in whatever would ensue between Wolke and this other guy. Nothing criminal about that.

3) I hate to bring this up again, since he's a good friend of mine, but Scott Wilks, former stand-out quarterback / wide receiver & safety at Maryville High, is living proof that promising high school players won't be overlooked because of any criminal record they may possess. Wilks was involved in a minor counterfeiting scandal before the start of the 2000 season, one reason the Rebels started 0-4 that year. He was 18 too, and he did get in a lot of trouble for it. Yet, Wilks was still recruited by Marshall University and he's a player there now.

This thing really sounds like it's being blown totally out of proportion.

Edited by Philster043