David Wolke

Guest region4fan

Guest region4fan

Parents do not usually bring assault charges for nothing.Usually it causes more trouble for the kids at school. I think that you will agree about that. It is being discussed that 2 more kids were struck in the ruckus that did not press charges. I just cannot imagine a parent going to so much trouble ...going to court etc if it weren't a big deal. To me a concussion to the magnitude that the kid didn't even remember what happened is a big deal. Whether this should keep a kid from getting a scholarship or not...I don't know. And just maybe this wasn't the first time this has happened. I present to you again the case of Eric Locke. If he had been punished when he first started breaking the law and stealing, maybe he would be in the pro's now instead of working in a factory.

I just hope this is resolved in the best interest of all the kids involved, including Wolke.

Edited by region4fan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Going from Alabama to UT to TSU to Cumberland to Tusculum. What a waste of talent!And to think that his Dad was a cop!

Just wondering, could you be The back -up Quarterback at SHS??

I disaggree that this is not serious. The kid was treated for a concussion. Players in the NFL have to sit out a game (or more) for a concussion. If a physical contact of any nature (fight, punch, shove, slap, etc) results in a concussion then the intent had to be malicisious, and it had to have some force behind it. I had a dinner bell fall on my head when I was a child, and it did not result in a concussion. So I'm sorry, in this case I'm going to jump the gun a little bit. Medical attention was needed. When the kid woke up that morning no medical attention was needed, but after visiting this neighborhood, he did need it. Someone is to blame. There is no such thing as an accident...period. It is a fact of science...cause and affect. The result was: a concussion that required medical attention and resulted in (apparent) memory loss. The cause: some sort of physical contact, supposedly by the SHS QB. The fact that this was between teammates (once a teammate, always a teammate as far as I'm concerned) says a lot for the individuals involved and the soundness of the team as a whole. I revert back to cause and affect. Fights aren't "just part of being a kid", they are the result of the environment in which the child is raised. And that includes coaching. I refuse to believe that a QB of this caliber, one who rutuinely makes very quick decisions on the feild, was incapable of processing the question, "is hitting this guy a good idea or not", in the heat of the moment. If he is going to be successful at the next level he is going to have to make those decisions over and over again. No one can be expected to make the right decision every time. But when it comes down to a fundamental such as this, there is no excuse.

Fights happen every year - just look at Albert Haynesworth, who's playing for the Titans! He got in a fight with a offensive lineman last week, kicked him right in the chest while he was down, a questionable incident to be sure but should the lineman call the cops on him??? NO.

The Haynesworth thing is completly different, because he was in practice and the other person wasen't underage, that makes it completly different. But, since you brought it up, he was fined by the team, so he was punished, and since contact does happen in football I am sure the cops weren't called, but this situation that Wolke is involved in is completly different.

Guest region4fan

Just1np.....as always your post was RIGHt on the money!! No one seems to be thinking of the boy that has memory loss. Many great football players have had to quit the game permanently because of concussions and the fear of suffering permanent brain damage. Those of you thinking this has been blown out of proportion must not have any children of your own. Why don't you try looking at it from that parents' standpoint?That this kid may get away with what he did just because he is a talented and highly recruited QB. Shades of Steve McNair.

i also think this is a serious subject.. i dont think a kids parents would file charges against a person for no reason.. this is also going to cost the parents who filed the charges money too.. because they have to get a lawyer too.. and no one knows how serious the concusion is.. it could cause the person to loose all of his education skills and maybe even keep him from college.. it doesnt at all sound like a fight.. a fight is when two people hit each other.. this is where one person hit a boy and the boy got injured.. i think its wrong and should be delt with.. i also think the coach should do something.. there is already cotraversy about favortism towards wolke and other players.. if nothing is done i think this will just add to the contraversy...