MBA vs. Ezell Harding

Redtwin

Gosh, a lot of emotions on here for just a meaningless scrimmage....

Ezell looked and played much better than I (and probably others) was giving them credit for going into the game. They had a physical defense, a formidable QB, and an elusive receiver (Gettis) whom most defenses are going to have a difficult time covering. However, the fact of the matter is that EHCS had a boatload of penalties (those count) and scored its only TD after a MBA turnover (that counts, too) in MBA's end. As for MBA, I don't understand this mindset, which I have now seen twice on here, that MBA's long TD passes were flukes and somehow don't count (if Brain Brohm throws for 400 yards and five TDs and Trinity wins 35-7, are MBA players going to come on here and say, "gosh, if our secondary had its act together, we would have won"?). Fisher throws a great deep ball, his receivers run great routes, and they usually outplay the secondary for the ball. There were reasons EHCS's secondary was not in the "right position", and most of those reasons have nothing to do with EHCS's miscues. I didn't see any Goodpasture fans on here whining about their secondary being in the wrong position when Fisher carved them up, too. Maybe it's just a given out there that any MBA TD bombs this year are just luck.

Like most threads, there are too many biased people commenting on the scrimmage, including myself. If anyone wants to know who "won", ask some unbiased person at the scrimmage. Today, I was actually given feedback (unsolicited) from an unbiased person at the game. If you really want to know, track one of those people down and report back here. Anyway, the onlooker said, in a nutshell, "that's why those two schools don't play in the same division". You can believe it or not and you can take that to mean what you want.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i'm saying is that MBA is not that good. 10 in the nation, didnt scrimmage like it. U guys can recruit and give scholarships and thats the best u can do. BA (my former school) will kill yall this year . I can bet that if we had another chance to scrimmage yall we would win. I just know we would. And i could bet u that no one on your team would stop me. And another thing i dont care if u say i'm cocky or whatever, i just hate hate hate it when people come on here telling all these lies and bashing our team like. And u say i dont know the game of football,well if i didnt i wouldnt be a D1 prospect buddy. But anyways set up another scrimmage with us i bet u we will be victorous. And schlappi is better than fisher.

for all you know, i could have already signed somewhere, or maybe i'm skipping college to go straight to the big leagues. but listen i'm done with this pointless bickering, just don't talk trash about my team, and come up with excuses for yourself, and praise yourself as the god of football after getting blown out 28-7 in a half out football. but anyways good luck to your team and maybe your ezell squad will proove us all wrong.

what the heck man. from what i can tell on here all u big red fans have no class and r morons. i am not sayin i have much class in most of the things i say but man wake up. notredame788 u a flammer dude u talk crap but when u talk u sound stupid. and u have no room to talk. i got on here expressed my opinion and i gave ur team congrats an a good job and i gave ur gay little qb credit and then u just bash me like a 8th grade bully.randy is a better qb and just think if we played u guys in a real game we will be able to see what u have on tape and defend against it and we would throw all over u guys. if i was still playing for ezell i garentee u that this would not have been a scrimmag. we get what we r delt u get what u pay for. kentucky team isgoing to wipe the floor with u and i am going to laugh my head off. well see what u can do with 30 players the rest of the season. when all u boys get hurt. and u might say i have no class ( eat one) b\c i will always have more class than u guys. peace

haha gettis, from what i remember you were quite the beast. you were always running people over and showing just how powerful you really are. your blazing speed was just way too much for the mba secondary as you easily had 3 touchdowns matching brad french. you rushed for as many yards as ryan burns did as he was tearing up your entire defense and causing your simple minds to go awry. your precious little quarter back threw flawlessly except for the fact that our secondary actually lined up correctly twice and intercepted him returning one for a touchdown. you stud, you big time college prospect, maybe you and tom santi or michael fisher should go on a visit to georgia or to colorado or maybe even lsu or ut. oh wait thats right, you aren't as good as them. neither is your quarterback and it was evident the other day. mba vs ba is going to be an awesome game this year with two GOOD teams fighting for playoff seeding late in the season...im not so sure its going to be a blow out but of course i wouldnt know.

I am an Ezell guy and will give you my honest opinion of the scrimmage. Our secondary underestimated the talent of the MBA skill players, even after their position coach repeatedly warned them how dangerous they are. We have three Seniors starting in the secondary, with only one of them (Gettis) ever starting a high school football game. This, by no means, is an excuse. Those guys back there have been playing in our system for three years and know what they are supposed to be doing. The other day was a wake-up call for them. If there was ever a "good ole' fashion butt whoopin", the scrimmage on Tuesday was it.

Physically, I think Ezell's secondary can play with anyone. Mentally, they have a lot of growing up to do! And if I know their position coach like I think I know him, beleive me when I tell you that he was extremely embarrased the other day. I can assure you of this much, it won't happen again.

MBA plays with tons of class and plays hard to the whistle-on every play. Our guys can learn a lot from team of that caliber and I think that we came away with some good things from Tuesdays scrimmage. Do we have some things to work on, of course we do. Our coaching staff is a good one from top to bottom and are not going to cut their players any slack. They will get things worked out.