maryville beating DB means nothing

JPATS5

Guest Oakland

thank goodness. btw, jpats, in case you didnt know, scrimmages are exactly what it means, a practice of real live game situations, i mean a team can lose all their scrimmages and still be great. By the way, Jpats, the witness protection agency called and they were wondering if you would need some help after db beats jc not once, but twice :angry:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JPAT...

I was just wondering how in the heck you are saying that DB's reign is over when the season has not yet begun. DB is a diffrent team on Friday nights when you get the band playing and their prideful fans cheering them on. I will admit that when we play Jeff. County that it will be much closer than previous years, however this does not mean our reign is over. How about you wait until at least the season starts, or even better wait until week 4 and then you can start putting your money where your mouth is.

Roll Tribe Roll

DB is a good team and the tradition of State champions belongs to them with 9 total I think is the number. Jeff Co gets the edge in my book only because of the starters Jeff has coming back. DB has a better O than Jeff Co except for #11, but the D will win it for Jeff Co.

As for my Red Rebs, we like to scrimmage DB and Oak Ridge because like Maryville, these places are the homes of champions! Year after these programs are competitive, a scrimmage is simply a game situation practice. It is good for film and trying new plays and players. Maryville may not be on top at the end of this season but the program only has one way to go and any team that thinks it can defeat the champs and the win will somehow erase the 3-peat or the tradition Maryville has is kidding itself. Make no mistake my friends, Maryville will not fall quietly. The kids know what it takes and this class of seniors knows how to lead and to be led. See you Saturday!

With the best coach in TN Scott Meadows at the helm all teams better watch out. He is a proven winner at Alcoa and Jeff Co. The trouble with DB is they have no competition to play against in the upper east TN area. All sports are weak. That is why when they go out of their area they get swamped. Go get them Scott Meadows he is the master of the wing-t .

Edited by gj850

Guest Oakland

meadows may be one of the best, but he is not the best, i think many would agree with me that george quarles of maryville is the best coach in the state, either him or carlton flatt of brentwood academy.

"All sports in East Tennessee are weak." LOL..................Thats why we have several State championships in all kinds of sports. I guarantee DB has more wins and more state playoff tradition than your school. Don't crown Coach Meadows and Jeff Co. yet. They play in a tough region. Watch out for D-B, South-Doyle, Bearden and Science Hill. Meadows has good players this year, and Jeff co will be pretty good, but dont knock all of East Tenn. sports. Boy you Jeff Co boys are running that mouth......................I hope that you can produce........LOL

Hey boyz!

Back in Black...I hit the sack...its been so long, I'm glad to be back!

You sir, in the words of Earnest T. Bass..."Woo me!"

I love it when a man tells a woman, to come on up and "get ya some!"

DB is a good program. Meadows has a good thing going at JeffCo. However, Jeff Co, ain't what they used to be without the likes of Maryville's George Quarles, the NFL's Todd Collins and Eagleton's Kip Jones!

Love you boyz!

:P