Centennial Scrimmage?

FBALLER

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, I was at the Williamson County Jamboree for this very exciting conclusion to the night. Centennial ended up losing 14-13 to the Patriots. Jared Elliot of Page fired a perfect touchdown pass with under five seconds to play to tie it up. Don't read too much into this though. Centennial didn't play all of their starters the entire two quarters. Page surely didn't play all their starters either, but did play their best player the whole night- Elliot. If he hadn't been out there, the outcome would have been much different. He carried and will carry Page on his back. Centennial seemed to dominate besides not holding PHS out of the endzone on the last drive. I'm sure Boneal52 will proved a much more detailed report.

Well for the most part you've hit it on the head. Centennial didn't play the starters too much, and pretty much willed themselves around the feild. Page had a great looking QB and some scrappy players around him. Page should be better than I'd expected this year. Centennial looked about like I'd expected. Not showing anything, and not using their weapons much at all.

What game did you all go to. Bates is Centenials starting QB, right? He took every snap. There OL and DL played every snap. Both offenses looked good. The defenses did not look so good. Motley Pages best RB and LB did not play at all. He will not be back until next week. Franklin was obviously the best team there.

I don't believe that Bates is the starting QB... I can't remember who it is, but it's on another thread becuase BigDogDaddy can't and probably still doesn't believe it. More like doesn't understand why. I'm going to have to take Boneal52's word here... he's very familar with the Centennial program.

Is Motley hurt? How long has he been hurt? Details, please! :justwrestle:

And thanks for the props to the Rebs... I heard a lot of people saying that last night. Kinda worries me. :angry:

Don't know which scrimmage this "Cowboy" was at but the Cougars had their way with Page. Bates taking every snap? Not even! Scott started and played a few plays then it all changed. They pulled all the starters up 13-0 and then emptied the bench. It was dissapointing to see the Patriots score on their second team though. I thought they would be deeper than that.

As for the Patriots they looked pretty weak taking the last drive down to finally score on a bunch of 3rd team DB"s.

However the QB for page looked excellent. he might have had a head missing if the Cougars had played the bates kid on defense. he seems to feast on upright runners like that. But he did show a good arm.

Other than that game brentwood looked poor as franklin handed it to them and made them like it.

Franklin was the best looking team at the scrimmage.....by far.......GO REBS!! :P

centennial was never up by 13 points they scored and page blocked there flied goal then page drove down the field agianst chs's starters including bates and scored 7 points taken the lead from them from then on chs cept most of there starters in like there O line D line buchannan bates and smithson i dont see how anyone can say chs dominated the game when page ran up in down the field on them gaining 5 to 7 yards each play controling the clock at one point page was 2nd and 20 then came back and got the first down i have to admit though pages D didnt do so well and chs made a couple of big runs and a pass play that allowed there TD Plus page was missing 4 D starters including there star LB michael motley who is out with an injury and will return next week

Woah buddy. It's not that big of a deal. It is a jamboree meant to improve your skills... the outcome isn't important. I still say CHS dominated. But I also say that Page has some great pottential. I was VERY impressed by Eliot. He looked awesome. He should do some good things this fall. You must remember, this was 3A vs 5A ball. It would have been more agreeable to have Fairview and Page go at it and let CHS and Ravenwood battle it out. That's just my opinion though.

I don't believe that Bates is the starting QB... I can't remember who it is, but it's on another thread becuase BigDogDaddy can't and probably still doesn't believe it. More like doesn't understand why. I'm going to have to take Boneal52's word here... he's very familar with the Centennial program.

Is Motley hurt? How long has he been hurt? Details, please! :)

And thanks for the props to the Rebs... I heard a lot of people saying that last night. Kinda worries me. :P

It just kills me to see a coach do this to a kid. I still watch our Comcast game tape from 2 years ago and if ever there was a field general, more so than Eversen, I think, Bates was it. If you take control out of that kid's hands it better be because you have a sure fire 15-0 season QB to replace him. While I'm sure the other kid is a fine young man and a good player....Bates reminds me of Marcus Arealeous in the movie Gladiator. I can see him bending down to grab a hanful of dirt to sniff and rub between his hands before the game gets started, I'd follow him into battle!

If I know anything about football ... I know you don't take the ball out of that kid's hands!!!

Well, it seems boneal 52 still has trouble accepting the fact that Page still has bite. With this rivalry and 3a vs. 5a. those of us around the county know the players laid it all out there. Seems like a litle of the big head over at Centennial and remember this "ain't" last year Also Rebel 27 you need to know that there are other teams in the county. Your remarks that Page is out in the Sticks. The school is located only 2 miles further than yours from I-65. Page is 3A and I don't ever remember them backing down from anybody. Sounds like "sour grapes " you get beat and still make several excuses as to why....14-13 says it all.

All the games on Friday night at the Williamson County Jamboree were exciting and fun. There is tremendous talent in the county this year. It should be a very exciting year for all the fans of Williamson County schools.

Whether you are a fan of Centennial or Page...It was an exciting way to finish the jamboree with a last second score. No matter who was in the game, it was a thrill for all to see. It could not be scripted any better.

Best wishes to all the teams in the county this year!

:P

Also Rebel 27 you need to know that there are other teams in the county. Your remarks that Page is out in the Sticks. The school is located only 2 miles further than yours from I-65. Page is 3A and I don't ever remember them backing down from anybody. Sounds like "sour grapes " you get beat and still make several excuses as to why....14-13 says it all.

No no, I didn't get beat. We beat Brentwood 14-0 thank you. And when did I say Page is in the sticks? I don't recall saying that, I might have, but I don't remember it.