public/private split

Private schools should be absorbed into D-1 based on size, D-2 AAA should become 5A, and so on. I think the split is stupid. Maryville used to Play Brentwood Academy back in the seventies and they were pretty even. A division only cheats the best schools, both public and private.

Right on TruRebelPlaya! It is time for old grudges to be set aside.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a great idea, let all the public schools that don't want to compete with private schools form their own league in which championships are rotated each year so everyone will be happy, and let the private and the real public schools that value competition and hardwork have at it. There will be winners and loosers and you know that is ok, there are some tuff leasons in life, not everyone is going to win

kchscoach,

Have you forgotten all the posts and history in this thread?

The vast majority of publics do not want to play the privates. Look at the membership of the TSSAA. It is predominantly comprised of public schools.

Your misrepresentation of public schools and their view toward championships weakens your credibility.

When are you guys going to play Maryville? How about playing Fulton and showing them who's boss? If you want to play publics, go play the best ones in your town.

Don't tell me some of these publics in K-Town are too good for you guys...

Stan,

Well Stan for your information, our school of 500 kids, plays pretty much anyone that will schedule us in any sport. In Basketball we play farragut, Austin east called then refused to play us, football plays a weaker schedule but that is because the T$$AA has a small, medium and large for almighty football, but for all other DII sports there are no classifications, our soccer team played CBHS in the state semi-finals. Our school of about 250 boys going up against a school of over 1000 boys, we played the game and got beat 3-2, so I don't want to hear about publics having a level playing field. You teach your kids to do their best and give it their all and after no EXCUSES!

I would also like to know how MBA with an enrollment between 500-800 boys against Memphis Catholic, Bishop Byrne, Lausanne (enrollments between 100-150 boys) is fair.

They are all grouped together for Basketball, baseball, track, etc.

Please enlighten me.

Hey Ego...it isn`t fair! But all these public school hypocrites don`t really care. They simply don`t care. And then they get on here and act like it is the "will" of the TSSAA to split all private schools when they know that public schools make up the majority of the TSSAA membership.

It`s sad that that our public schools want to whine and run like scared cowards instead of standing up and facing the challenge! :D

No matter how you do it someone is always going to figure out a way to beat the system. Put all the schools together and let them have at it. Have 5 classes but if any school public or private has any player outside of a pre set area, then that school would move up 1 class for each player until they reached 5a classification. 5a would be the open league. Anything goes. 5a Championship game could be called the Tennessee High School Super Bowl. You could then have champions in the other 4 classes by student count. Not a perfect idea but a lot better than what we have now. :D

Say what you want about the system. The fact is...the division II teams will remain in their own league. If a change is made...it will be to put all private schools in division II. I really don't see that happening either. I think the 8 class system will not be changed. The tssaa in making too much money the way it is. They are not going to reduce the # of classes.