Maryville/Alcoa GAME

Guest NineInchNails

Goob, good point someone will have to step up for sure because Maryville will simply not lay down for anyone. The kids are in condition, coached, ready and they really do expect to win everytime they take the field. Mind set is important to be sure. Alcoa is a great program, but they are not ready for Maryville this year. Maryville was not sharp last week but in the big game the rebs pull together and get the job done. This is a big game both programs.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little inside information. Antnio Byner and McCord will not play tomorrow night. Also, for Pepvol Alcoa will be in trouble if they depend on the pass. One of Maryville's strengths are their DB's. Doubt Alcoa will win but it will be closer than most are predicting.

Edited by MLREB

Yeah, McCord still has one more week of rehab to go, and Byner's still pretty banged up from last Saturday.

Nevertheless, though I think that Alcoa will have a successful year in 2A, they simply don't match up with the Rebels.

To sum up the 2003 Alcoa Tornadoes: too few, too little, too young, and going through a transitional year in which they're playing against the 3-time State Champions in what I consider to be high school football's toughest classification.

I think Alcoa will be very formidable two years from now, especially with the inevitable growth and maturation of young Joey Fiegler, but they're still learning how to win big games right now.

Maryville, while they do have a bunch of new players too, they've all gained tons of experience through playing in countless blowouts the last two years.

I had already made a prediction in an earlier thread on a final score, and forgot what it was, but in any case I feel Maryville will, and should, win quite handily.

i want to apologize to all my fellow MARYVILLE REBEL FANS !! the post in here earlier was not written by me , it was written by one of my co- workers , who happens to be an ALCOA alumni . i've now deleted that thread . he thinks he's real funny predicting MARYVILLE to get beat under my name .... the clown , that said , what everybody else has already said rings true , MARYVILLE has too much depth for ALCOA . ALCOA is a talented , but very young team . they don't even come close to the depth MARYVILLE has . close game at first , but then depth wears them out , wins going away , plus MARYVILLE'S young line starts to come together as one .

MARYVILLE -42 - ALCOA - 14

Edited by pepvol

I hope you guys are right but i will be honest Mccord and Byner sitting out worry me a bit. I am beginning to wonder if Mccord is not a lot more seriously hurt than thought. I really don't understand why Byner cannot go because coach Gaylor said after the game he was only held out as a precautionary measure. Anyway the run game did not look that good to me last week and if it struggles again and Alcoa can put some heat on the QB who knows. I think we should win but i don't know that it will a total blow out.

C'mon Nails! I'm all for differing opinions on whether this may be an upset or not (even though I don't believe it will) but Maryville only scoring 3 points?! I honestly hope that you weren't being serious. The Rebels scored 28 points against a pretty good (and pretty BIG) Carter defense last week.

If McCord and Byner are both really out (which I won't believe until I see them staying on the sidelines tonight), I'll adjust my prediction a little bit.

Maryville - 24

Alcoa - 10

If either one of them play (most likely Byner, McCord was still obviously limping last week) I'll stick with my original pick.

I talked to Chris last week and he has a pretty serious pulled hamstring. He was hoping to be back this week but the way he talked, I didn't believe he would. That old hammy just has to take it's own time to heal. He sure doesn't need to take a chance on pulling it again.

I was told by one of the starters last night that neither player would play tonight.

If Maryville can contain the corners (which should be their strongest suit) they will win by three touchdowns. Just don't let those Alcoa backs get into the open field.

Alcoa does not have the depth or experience to "bang heads" with Maryville. Their only chance is with big plays or special teams.

Guest NineInchNails

I used to be disappointed at the lack of attention this game is getting, then I realized that in previous years, most of the trash talk was coming from the players themselves. The kids are going to play hard, on both sides. This is the year to beat Maryville...and I believe you guys know it.

Once again...

Alcoa 7

Maryville 3

I used to be disappointed at the lack of attention this game is getting, then I realized that in previous years, most of the trash talk was coming from the players themselves. The kids are going to play hard, on both sides. This is the year to beat Maryville...and I believe you guys know it.

Once again...

Alcoa 7

Maryville 3

nails, now you know who the Maryville fans will be responding to after the game if things don't go your way. :D

Good luck, though! I think the Rebels will win, but I can't help pulling for the underdog a bit...