region 4 piekem week 2

Guest Oakland

Guest Oakland

OK, after week 1, a lot of you guys decided for some reason not to pick a certain game, and i need to emphasize the importance of you guys need to pick every game, i dont wanna have to come up with some wacky formula for tiebreakers, so just to make it easier on me and everybody else please pick every game. ok, next item of business, results from week 1, there were a lot of ties and week 2, but i figure to change as the season goes on, but without further adue, results from week 1:

1st-- slim589,Gwave1 8-0

2nd--WesVols,ooooo,and riverdale, and JohnnyC 7-1

3rd--Oakland2001,shsheadbusta88,and tdcman 6-2

4th--BlazeP,firstandgoal,and Croach 5-3

5th--Shady04 4-4

thanks to everybody for participating in last weeks pickem. and to everybody else who wasnt able to participate last week, you can still join and just because the pickem has already started, doesnt mean you cant be a part of the fun. ok, final item on the agenda, each week, aside from the region games that already go on, i will select 2 bonus games each week from middle tn, just tryin to spice it up a lil, hope you guys enjoy and predict away! until next time.......... GO PATS!

also lets introduce the newcomers to the weekly pickem : boro balla, lucky 13k, region 4 fan,splainshornet,rashard2k4, ThaOne0, and Jpats5!

Edited by oakland2001

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

I was too late to get on board last week. I didn't see the post til Riverdale was in the 1st quarter. I am ready for this week's action....so put em online for me , oakland2001. the only one that I would have missed last week was the Oakland one. But since I didn't get my picks on record, you will just have to check me out for this week.

This should be a very, very interesting week. Week 1 brought about a lot of questions. Week 2 should answer some of them. My first predictions is that there will be no scores in the 50s this week. Week 1 raised enough questions to believe that any of the games could go the other way so everyone better bring their A game.

Blackman 24, Siegel 13

Lebanon 31, Wilson Central 21

Oakland 21, Lavergne 20

Riverdale 35, Smyrna 21

Gallatin 34, Glencliff 14

White House 24, Springfield 20

It is really hard to know what to make out of the week 1 games.

Guest region4fan

I am going to list my picks, but reserve the right to go back and add the final scores to them later in the week after I think about them a little more.

Blackman over Siegel----Blackman is fuming over their loss and will take it out on the Stars. Alsup will want to show Watson who the teacher is.

Lebanon over Wilson Central- This will be a squeaker. This is a county rivalry and WC has gained more and more confidence. Lebanon will overlook Central and almost pay the price.

Riverdale over Smyrna in a big way. Wolke will fold after being sacked several times. Rankin will not be embarrassed on TV, and SHS has always been intimidated by the Warriors.

Oakland over Lavergne in a close game like last year. Los is back and in game form. His presence will lift the Patriots back to a contender. Lavergne is still struggling with their new offense but plays hard.

Gallatin drills Glencliff to show everyone that they are back. Link is everywhere on the field at once.

Whitehouse over Springfield- Springfield had gotten cocky after beating Beech.After losing to the Wave, they have lost their edge.

Cmon everyone post your picks...I am anxious to hear what you will say.

here are my picks...

Riverdale over Smyrna-riverdales jus tto much to handle and had to much speed

Blackman over Siegle- blackamns mad after being beat on and siegle isnt that good.

Oakland over La Vergne- la vergne is young and cant hang with oakland yet

Lebanon over Wilson Central

Gallatin over Glencliff

Whitehouse over Springfield :lol:

Guest region4fan

Boroballa....................just wondering which team in Region 4 is your favorite? Most of us know on here who likes who............

For the warriors: Riverdale, TDCMAN, stumpman13

For the Patriots: Olineathlete, Region4fan, Oakland2001, OaklandLb11

For the Blaze: JohnnyC, BlazeP, Shady04, Bhsol, Slim

For the Wolverines: Raschard, tha Deuce

For the Dawgs: Shsheadbusta88, Johnmadden,ooooo

For the Stars: Fullback49, Shslineman

For the Blue devils: CeCe

For the Wildcats: ??????

And then there is Croach who gives us some great input but doesn't really have a favorite.I am not sure about thtruth.......he seems to lean sometimes towards Oakland but seems to be for Lebanon ?? Hope I didn't leave anyone out!

If I had to venture a guess, I would say that you are a Siegel fan.The more the merrier! Feel free to add your name to the mix!

Edited by region4fan

See i even forgot to post my picks. Here they are

Blackman 35 Seigal 7--Blackman has got to proove to everyone that the team that got drilled by LC isnt the real Blaze.

Oakland 28 Lavergne 21--I got respect for the Wolverines because even though they got beat last week, it was closer than what most people thought. I think Carlos will be the "X" factor.

Lebanon 21 Wilson Central 0--hey WC has got to get some expierience playing in region 4. But good luck to them.

Riverdale 45 Smyrna 21--Hmm lets see, this game is at Tomhawk stadium where the warriors have never lost. And i dont think Smyrna will be the 1st team to win their. Let Wolke get hit a few good times and he will be out. But not taking anything away from Smyrna who looks to be a strong team.

Gallatin over Glencliff

White House over Springfield.

Guest Oakland

ok here is my picks for the week, although the may change as the week goes on:

oakland over lavergne

blackman over siegel

riverdale over smyrna

lebanon over wilson central

gallatin over glencliff

white house over springfield

i encourage everybody who hasnt made their picks that did so last week to do so and soon as you can. and for people like (cough) JohnnyC that havent even patricpated yet, its not late to join in on the fun.