region 4 piekem week 2

Guest Oakland

We have a lot of people with the same picks. All except a couple of the Smyrna guys going with their bulldogs over Riverdale.

SHS and 00000, can you tell us a little about Smyrna. We all know about Wolke but what about the rest of the team. How many seniors. who ae the stars, strengths and weaknesses, etc...

Looking forward to a clean, hard-fought gane on Friday.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

well tdc, there ya go, somebody with not the same picks as everybody esle. unfortunately, it has to br an upset special against my pats, but i guess we shall see on friday at patriot field.

What fun is it to pick just like everyone else? I think I'll pick an upset special everyweek, that way I'll (usually) have someone different.

I had to go with LaVergne over Oakland, because Oaktown look so bad the other night. I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers, but the kids look worn out by the end of the first quarter.

Smyrna has a lot of seniors. I don't know the exact number but I think it's over 20. The star is obviously Wolke, but they have talent in the running game with Marsalous Johnson and David Shannon who has been offered scholarships by Oregon and Georgia and in my mind is the most underrated player in the midstate. The o-line is led by a pair of BIG seniors in Charlie Bain(6'2-290) and Wesley Manning( 6'4-310) and senior Center Justin Morton. The Defense is led by Shannon and fellow senior Jonathon Taylor. The line is led by senior ends Shane Inman and Billy Wilcox and the secondary has probably the most overall speed of any school in Rutherford County with Johnson and Shadowens who both run 4.4 40s and Josh Dearmon and Charles Orona who run 4.5 40s. I think if Smyrna can get over the "Riverdale" factor and not be intimidated because of their past success they will win in a close one.

Guest region4fan

Right Johnny C. Knowing Rankin, he will show no marcy whatsover to the Dawgs. He is all about those rankings and ratings. So many forums have given Riverdale grief for playing a 1 A school for their opener. Rankin says that he couldn't find another team to play for week one. Gee, didn't we play Brentwood Academy in week one? So at some point in time THEY were open.