Captian's helmets; On or Off?

jwinston

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

When I was in school our team thought it to be disrespectfull not to take off your helmet for the coin toss. We may have put more into this than needed, but still I do think it to be disrespectfull of the other team. This may go back to our rural tradition where you take off your hat to eat or alot of times inside. I am not an old timer either. I am only 25. The only game we did not take our helmets off for my senior yr, was our rivalry. We wanted to show disrespect to them. What do you think about this.

Edited by jwinston

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to be a captain and do the coin toss 3 times during my senior year. The first time we were playing a school that one of our coaches used to play for and he told us to wear ours out there because they would come out with theirs under their arms trying to look all pretty and stuff. I think if you wear your helmet out there it gives you a bit of an intimidation edge over your opponents, you know what they look like but they can't see you to know what you look like. I guess in my opinion the captains should wear them. I enjoyed being a captain and enjoyed walking out there in full uniform ready to play.

P.S. I was 2-0 in coin tosses last year. lol :lol:

Guest region4fan

From a fan standpoint, I like to see what the kids look like underneath, especially if they are the " standouts " on a team. I also think it is more respectful to the refs.