Riverdale VS Smyrna

Big D.

Riverdale is leading Smyrna 20-7 with 4:54 left in the 4th. Next week is the big match up with Lincoln County. I am a Falcon Fan and I think it will be a whale of a game. Riverdale looks impressive to me. I like the Perkins kid (6ft. 4 about 250). It will be a tough game for Lincoln County. The defense will have to play their best game to stop the Warriors offensive attack. I unserstand that Riverdale is blessed with mostly Juniors and Sophmores. Lincoln Co. has the size but the Warriors have the speed. We will see next week which will win out. Any thoughts by anyone!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Smyrna for a great game. Smyrna is definitely for real and is going to have a lot of success this year. Smyrna was much bigger, faster, and much more physical than I expected.

Smyrna had quite a few people get nicked up. Hope everyone is OK. Those guys really fought hard.

Think I'll just enjoy this one for a while before I start worrying about LC. This was a very big win over a very good region opponent.

If LC is still injury free going into the Riverdale game I'll be very impressed if the Warriors can stay within 21 points of the Falcons! They are definitely BIG and FAST! Their D-line is huge and very good! The LB #29 is awesome! Watch out for him Gaston he'll knock you out if he gets a clean shot! This is not meant as a stab against the Warriors, it's just that the Falcons are legit this year! Good luck next week Warriors!

I see everybody on here(this thread and others) saying Smyrna looked good?!?

Weel I thought Smyrna's Defense looked great but the offense just couldn't get it going! I know Riverdale brought 6 men alot and thats good pressure-I like that!

But fumbles interceptions dumb penalties c'mon that was not a good offensive performance. Riverdale's defense looked great! Dave Thomas looked good is there anything he doesn't play?

OK here it is- Lincoln County wins next week! They have better better size and speed than Smyrna and I think they can score more than Smyrna did.Riverdale scored on special teams and once on a short field drive now the TD right before the half was nice!

OK i know I am going to hear it but thats ok

FALCONS WIN next week.

Edited by stumpman13

No he was tired of being a tackling dummy!!

He enjoys football but he just isn't as dedicated to it! He is in Rotc he knows he is going into the service after he gets out of school but he also knows he wouldn't be playing college football after he gets out of school!

PLUS and this is a big plus it is hard to get falcon fever out of your blood!

But when we moved to murfreesboro we wanted a winning school so who else but Riverdale!

And when it comes down to it I am a football fan all football just give me a game I will watch-can't get enough.I plan on visiting several schools this year.So far i have seen Smyrna-Riverdale and Lincoln Co.-Blackman-next week it will be LC-Riverdale.Then i think i am going to visit Lewisburg then Moore Co then some of the Nashville school also I am going to catch Seveirville my niece cheerleads over there!

Edited by stumpman13

Oh well, if Lincoln County wins next week then the Warrior season is over. I mean, when was the last time a Riverdale team lost to Lincoln County and then made it to the Blue Cross Bowl in the same year? Oh right, I forgot - last year.

Lincoln County should be the favorite, because Riverdale is playing with basically all underclassmen. Next year the Warriors should really be strong. But I think once this bunch gets a few more games under their belts, they will come together and do really well. We'll get a better idea next Friday about that.

I really don't think LC will win be 21 as some have suggested. The Warriors have a lot of pride and will make a good showing on their home field.

Guest region4fan

Oh.....I understand now. With so many kids out at the 'Dale, it is hard to get a little PT isn't it?? I know many people from Lincoln County, and you are right about it staying in the blood there. I have been amazed about that place. Years and years ago when Holcomb was their star, businesses closed so their employess could go to the games. I saw workers at Mickey D's wearing Falcon jerseys. What a great atmosphere. When you sat on the visitors' side, you knew that there would be a brawl coming any minute b/t one of your fans and theirs.