Brentwood H S in way underated

irishfan44

i just dont know what to say, how u can think brentwood will lose to franklin and dickson co is beyond me i personly think that brentwood team is significantly stronger than last year they lost a lot on the o-line but their is no team in the state with a better play book les steckle took brentwood's offense to a higher level than any coach in the state (he's now the offensive coordinator for buffalo for crien out loud) and brentwood has the intelligence to pull these complex plays off,as for dropping ba from the schedule nothing would have pleased me more than to see them play this year becuase its always been a great game in the past but i dont think crawford fully understands the rivalry and didnt want to risk another unesseccary loss in the record like last year but i dont make the schedule

Just my opinion. I don't think anyone who is objective would claim that BHS is better than last year. They lost a ton of talent, and in watching significant parts of both their games on replay, I don't see any indication that they have replaced it.

As far as a BHS vs. BA rivalry...I think you actually should have to beat a team once in your history for it to be a rivalry. It should be a rivalry, but the competition historically has been one-sided. I don't blame Crawford for dropping this game; I think we all know why he did it.

As someone else already said here, opinions on a website count for zero. Go play the games, and we'll see what happens.

Edited by itzme

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Irishfan keeps talking about Riverdale being hyped. Most of the posts I read claim the Warriors are down this year, and hardly anyone gives them a chance against Lincoln County. I haven't seen any Riverdale fans on here claiming a state title this year. Why do the Warriors get dragged into seemingly every 5A thread on the board? Recruiting, public / private split, fear of scheduling certain teams, etc. are the types of things that continually appear when Riverdale is mentioned.

Is that the type of respect you are looking for Irishfan?

Brentwood won the state championship last year. Respect comes from that. Now you just have to maintain it. If I know Coach Crawford, I think the Bruins will.

And BTW, instead of scheduling BA, why not get a really good team to play against, like Christian Brothers? Sorry, couldn't resist that. ;)

I don't understand why Irishfan keeps talking about Riverdale being hyped. Most of the posts I read claim the Warriors are down this year, and hardly anyone gives them a chance against Lincoln County. I haven't seen any Riverdale fans on here claiming a state title this year. Why do the Warriors get dragged into seemingly every 5A thread on the board? Recruiting, public / private split, fear of scheduling certain teams, etc. are the types of things that continually appear when Riverdale is mentioned.

Is that the type of respect you are looking for Irishfan?

Brentwood won the state championship last year. Respect comes from that. Now you just have to maintain it. If I know Coach Crawford, I think the Bruins will.

And BTW, instead of scheduling BA, why not get a really good team to play against, like Christian Brothers? Sorry, couldn't resist that. ;)

Ouch!! That one stung. Kick us while we're down, but don't dare actually play us!

Boy, you go away for a weekend and all heck breaks loose!

First of all Irishfan44, from looking at the number of posts you have, you clearly don't know what has been said or written about Brentwood for the past year. Oh yea, there are some haters as there always will be. There is also a lot of misinformation thrown around as fact (scheduling). Bottom line is Brentwood does get respect, but looses some everytime someone who supports them goes off half cocked and makes statements that have no basis. They won the 5A championship on the field, and are the defending champs until they are knocked off. They have a very good team again this year, and have dominated two subpar teams to this point as was expected. When the season ends and the smoke clears, then you can crow or eat it. Until then-chill.

By the way, we all had this talk about scheduling a long time ago. Multiple factors come into play, nonetheleast is a coach's relationship with other coaches in the immediate area. They tend to schedule games with friends and/or programs that will offer good gates or have styles they'd like to see their team compete against. Sometimes teams get in a bind and have to have a filler in a schedule. Maybe you have a young team and want them to grow into their schedule. Also, the number of region games you have is set and you can't control that factor. In the recent past, BHS has played against in season: Riverdale, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Glencliff, Antioch, Lincoln County, Germantown, private schools, out of town games in Knoxville and Florida. Not a whole lot of ducking, IMO. But what you choose to believe is your business. Move on a good luck.

Brentwood deserves respect without a doubt. I saw them play Germantown last year, and the guys are good. However, if you want to prove it then you can't duck teams like BA or you lose some of that respect. And if you want to be considered a "football powerhouse," then you need to base your schedule of the strength of the opponents and not the money coming in at the gate. If you continually play good teams, then people will come out and watch regardless.

The only way a Football team is going to get respect is to RE - PEAT . . . . . . . say it with me now . . . . . RE PEAT. This is coming from a Maryville fan. Back in 97,98, and 99 the Maryville teams talked about not having respect. (97 runner up, 98 state champ) In 1999 Maryville lost to Central in the third round, and everyone said "see, I told you they wern't that good" Well, I guess after reeling off three in a row, Maryville finally got some respect. Unfortunately, you have to prove yourself . . . over and over and over :rolleyes: