Unaka over King's Academy

krichunaka

king's academy is right off chapman highway in seymour tennessee across the street from seymour high school.8 man football is cool but in reality if kids weren't so lazy schools like king's in there defense have many international students and unaka should have at least 30 out for football

Unaka now has a little over thirty in football. And though your comments might be essentially true; the fact remains that several programs statewide have very few players; and yes inside many of those schools you'll find many lazy students.

But it's still asking a lot for smaller teams - no matter the student count - to compete with teams with more, and more talented players.

But we've tried to cross this road before, and with little luck keeping with the subject.

The original point was that it's nice to see a team with not that many players finally get to rotate players in and out of the game... especially linemen. They didn't know how to act.....was almost funny. ;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krich-

Congratulations! I was in Pigeon Forge over the weekend and heard from some of your cheerleaders that you had a big win. Keep it up!

Thankya Ma'am,

Nice of you to notice. Was the first time in several years that the starters were able to stand on the sidelines; a great bunch of guys who have been bruised and battered for so long. Was a wonderful experience for them.

Good luck at Baileyton this week; and get them all back injury-free. Some good folks down there.

And by the way, do you have anyone in particular playing or cheering for the Highlanders? Will probably have to put my Roan Mountain Private Eyes to work on that one, huh? ;)

And by the way, do you have anyone in particular playing or cheering for the Highlanders?  Will probably have to put my Roan Mountain Private Eyes to work on that one, huh?  ;)

lol. Sounds like you are having a little trouble figuring out who's going to buy you that hotdog. None of them are actually mine but I should be allowed to claim a few of them on my taxes. I'll just let you do your detective work and see how good you are.

B)

Creekerfan,

I would have to agree with you that the comment made by Trout was uncalled for maybe, and unspoken by many, but wondered by all. As far as the reference to the gym goes, does this mean that this whole, repetitive can of worms is going to be opened again? Does this mean that the gym rats are not only blamed for losses but now held responsible for their winning? Just wondering. The only thing that you accomplish with these comments is to lock the football program in to a losing tradition by providing them with a crutch. And that's the truth.

Come to think of it, shouldn't be that difficult to find a green lady with a crown on her head. 

Duhhh, and to think I finally noticed your picture just beneath your name.    B)

Well that is not exactly one of my most flattering pictures but I am easy to spot!

Way to go Charles Guinn! 1A player of the week in the prep AP poll. Good job Rangers, it took all of you for him to get that!

I'm not saying Unaka would be in the state title game if more of their athletes played football, but I am saying they would be better. I don't think that's a crutch. That's life in a 1-A school. And PLEASE don't think I'm "choosing sides". I want our basketball team to win. I want anything and everything that the kids at Unaka do, to succeed. I don't think it's a "crutch" or a "slight" to the kids that play football, in truth, I'd give almost anything to see those young men succeed.

to footballfan007 kings academy had to resort to playing 8 man because they went from mid twenties in numbers to the mid teens and as opposed to canceling their schedule they chose to go to 8man because they have kids who like to play, When they called us to ask if we would consider an8 man game we told them we would as has tennessee temple, cosby, etc. We would have prefered to play 11 man but with us having 38 players and them having 15 that wouldn't have been fair either . so as opposed to taking a forfeit we chose to try to play 8 man.

as for trout we cant play keenburg they play for our Jr. high team and we cant play ourselvesand valley forge doesn't have football anymore so I guess we will play a good twin springs team.

Creekerfan - WHY GO THERE! That's narrowmindedness, otherwise you would not have made that comment, yet you want ALL to succeed, very contradictive! WHY is it that all kids do not participate in all sports? To my understanding and the surrounding area, Unaka sports is the only school that is divided.......There are many kids who are playing basketball, yet are not participating in other sports such as football, baseball......tell me....

Way to go Charles Guinn! 1A player of the week in the prep AP poll. Good job Rangers, it took all of you for him to get that!

Now that's first class, camarogirl. In fact if you don't stop saying things like that, I'll have to lobby the UHS Concession Stand to pick up the tab for both of us. :rolleyes:

LastWord, This outstanding bunch of Unaka football players have asked for nothing but to be left alone to go about playing the game they All truly love.

These Rangers aren't fair-weather athletes who expect to be saluted at every turn. They've heard all about the other much better, more talented teams in our area; but they play for something much more important. They're very proud of their school and team, and to the man, all of them would take being an 0 and 10 Unaka Ranger to being a 10 and 0 anything else. The proud few who partake in football at UHS are as hard working and dedicated as the next bunch.

As to your "crutch" mention, well, we've seen way too many of those gadgets propping up our often-over-matched players as they walk the sidelines and hallways; and I'm sure that being the reasonable person you are, you'll have the decency to take it back.

Your uncalled for remark is yet another late hit on some fine young men who deserve much better.