The WaCoJaCo 5a top 10

WaCoJaCo

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about the other seven, but I feel fairly certain that William Blount can beat DB, Jeff County, & O.R.

We'll find out about O.R. during the season. The other two, I guess we'll have to wait until play-off time.

You people think I'm either joking or I've lost my mind. Trust me, it's neither. Also the "losing my mind" part is debateable with my wife.

I feel your pain Govman. But in the WaCoJaCo top 10 poll you gotta' actually beat those people, you can't just say you could. That loss to Knox. Central (a very good team by the way) is keeping you out of the top 8. You beat Maryville and I'll put you # 1

You're a fair man, WaCoJaCo. But honestly, I'd trade a win against Maryville for a win against Oak Ridge.

As much as all of us would love to defeat the Rebels--and Lord knows, we've never got to experience it much--in the overall scheme, a win against Oak Ridge would be far more important to our season. As my idol, "The Nature Boy, Ric Flair" used to say, "In order to be the man, you've got to beat the man." Right now, in our region, Oak Ridge is "the man."

A couple of years ago, we went up to DB and stunned the Indians in the play-offs. Arguably, the greatest win in the history of WB football. We took a baby step towards the "next level" but then we fell back off the steps. We might be headed back up, but a moral victory against O.R. doesn't get it done anymore ... we've got to prove we can not only compete with, but beat the O.R.'s, the D.B.'s, the Jeff Countys, etc. in any given year.

It's a good poll you've got. I don't know much about middle and west, but you can't argue with your east TN teams in the poll.

Guest NineInchNails
I'm not sure about the other seven, but I feel fairly certain that William Blount can beat DB, Jeff County, & O.R.

We'll find out about O.R. during the season.  The other two, I guess we'll have to wait until play-off time.

You people think I'm either joking or I've lost my mind.  Trust me, it's neither.  Also the "losing my mind" part is debateable with my wife.

I've seen Oak Ridge play and they'll murder William Blount and any other team in Blount County.

Edited by NineInchNails

GovMan did you have to bring up that playoff game. We all remember it though. I can't remember your QB's name, but that was the most awsome performance by a high school player I have ever seen. We knocked his head off several times, had him throwing up on the side lines in the forth qtr., and he just kept coming back and killing us. DB was 10-0 & WB was 5-5. Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't he out with a injury in those 5 loses and didn't he miss that next playoff game that WB lost.

By the way, where is he playing ball now ?