THE BEAST OF THE BIG EAST

WaCoJaCo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adjustments are needed and a QB is also needed for Jeff Co. Jeff Co has a fine group of tailbacks, ok D (against the run) not very good against the pass, but..... No way Jeff Co goes anywhere with the QB you got now. When in a passing situation or not, completions are not going to be made. And against good competition, Jeff Co will be in passing situations several times a game.

It looks now that Science Hill will be the game of the year in the Big East. They have 3 shutouts in 4 games, all wins. I hope they whip everyone going into the last week of the season. I wonder when the last time DB and Science Hill were both 9-0 going into the final game?

Giddy Up

Roll Tribe Roll

We went through this alot last year. Parker Clement does a good job in my opinion. Do we need another QB? Thats beside the point, do we have another QB is the question. The answer to that is no. Our back up might be able to throw the ball farther but that doesnt mean he has the decision making skills and knowledge of the system that Parker does. Parker is a good QB but the offense doesnt allow him to be the hero, and with a suspect o' line he doesnt ever have time to let someone get open if they down run screens or 5 yard outs.

Our secondary is full of great atheletes BUT with the exception of Jeff Jennings they are all offensive players. There were some coverage breakdowns but with a reciever like Williams, the DB air attack will be tuff to stop. A combination of d line push and blitzing coupled with a great secondary is the only thing that can slow them down. Will JC have these things in the playoffs more than they did on Friday? I think with some work they can be, we shall hopefully get to see....

One of the factors in beating JeffCo is stopping them on first down. When DB was able to kill their drives, they did it by stopping them on first down. A running team doens not like 2nd and long. It really effects the playcalling. JeffCo is especially limited in 2nd and 3rd and long situations by their lack of an effective passing game.

Lawyer, that is something you guys should address in the 2nd half of the season.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!

I think Clement is a solid QB, he can play. He doesn't have Ferguson's arm, but very few in the state of Tennessee do. Clement seems to be a solid leader, with good decision making skills and a great deal of talent with him in the backfield, where he shouldn't have to be a hero to make the offense work. Looks to me like he fills his role on the team real well. Hey, Jeff County is a very good team, that will very possibly run the table and then complaints will dissipate.

Also, D-B has an excellent defensive secondary...

Clement will be fine, as will the Patriots, they just have to get ready for Cocke County.

I don't see the "Hill" getting by Jeff County, the Patriots should win out. I'll give the "Hill" credit, they have played well thusfar; against teams they should have beaten, they have won. Jeff Co. isn't a team they should beat and I don't think they will.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

Adjustments are needed and a QB is also needed for Jeff Co. Jeff Co has a fine group of tailbacks, ok D (against the run) not very good against the pass, but..... No way Jeff Co goes anywhere with the QB you got now. When in a passing situation or not, completions are not going to be made. And against good competition, Jeff Co will be in passing situations several times a game.

It looks now that Science Hill will be the game of the year in the Big East. They have 3 shutouts in 4 games, all wins. I hope they whip everyone going into the last week of the season. I wonder when the last time DB and Science Hill were both 9-0 going into the final game?

Giddy Up

Roll Tribe Roll

We went through this alot last year. Parker Clement does a good job in my opinion. Do we need another QB? Thats beside the point, do we have another QB is the question. The answer to that is no. Our back up might be able to throw the ball farther but that doesnt mean he has the decision making skills and knowledge of the system that Parker does. Parker is a good QB but the offense doesnt allow him to be the hero, and with a suspect o' line he doesnt ever have time to let someone get open if they down run screens or 5 yard outs.

Our secondary is full of great atheletes BUT with the exception of Jeff Jennings they are all offensive players. There were some coverage breakdowns but with a reciever like Williams, the DB air attack will be tuff to stop. A combination of d line push and blitzing coupled with a great secondary is the only thing that can slow them down. Will JC have these things in the playoffs more than they did on Friday? I think with some work they can be, we shall hopefully get to see....

Lawyer,

Yes, they did learn a new offense last year, I agree with that, I have known these guys all the way through growing up though, and Parker has always looked for Brown. As far as another QB, Bowlin has the arm, but no leadership. Pewitt, could be a great leader if given the chance. Not saying he is better than Parker, just Parker needs to look at more than one receiver. He doesn't need to be the hero. And th O line, if you knew the plays, with a Wing T, half of your blocks, are designed just brush and go it is designed for speed, on the pass plays, they block pretty well. You are right, the secondary is great athletes, and yes they are offensive players. But it goes back to the comment I made, no one can cover Williams, if the QB is given that much time. They are running the wrong personnel on the Defensive line. Smiley does a great job, especially for his size, but Mason, is holding on to his Dads name, he is not the player his dad was, and never will be. He has the size and strength that should put it there, but it is not inside. No heart. Not to down him, he is a good kid. See it just wasn't DB that has passed on us, if West had a QB that could throw, they would have, Campbell threw all over us. I am saying, we HAVE to pressure the QB....

Science Hill, Bearden will be the toughest games in regular season we have, but even with Cocke County with no wins, they may give us a game, as all great rivalrys do. We have to take one game at a time, adjust and go on. Of course, I am not the coach, never will be, and what I say doesn't matter, just opinion, and knowledge of these guys.

Lawyer,

Yes, they did learn a new offense last year, I agree with that, I have known these guys all the way through growing up though, and Parker has always looked for Brown. As far as another QB, Bowlin has the arm, but no leadership. Pewitt, could be a great leader if given the chance. Not saying he is better than Parker, just Parker needs to look at more than one receiver. He doesn't need to be the hero. And th O line, if you knew the plays, with a Wing T, half of your blocks, are designed just brush and go it is designed for speed, on the pass plays, they block pretty well. You are right, the secondary is great athletes, and yes they are offensive players. But it goes back to the comment I made, no one can cover Williams, if the QB is given that much time. They are running the wrong personnel on the Defensive line. Smiley does a great job, especially for his size, but Mason, is holding on to his Dads name, he is not the player his dad was, and never will be. He has the size and strength that should put it there, but it is not inside. No heart. Not to down him, he is a good kid. See it just wasn't DB that has passed on us, if West had a QB that could throw, they would have, Campbell threw all over us. I am saying, we HAVE to pressure the QB....

Science Hill, Bearden will be the toughest games in regular season we have, but even with Cocke County with no wins, they may give us a game, as all great rivalrys do. We have to take one game at a time, adjust and go on. Of course, I am not the coach, never will be, and what I say doesn't matter, just opinion, and knowledge of these guys.

I appoligize for turning this thread into a Jeff Co discussion but thats where its goin. ;)

I will start my statement with a question for jcpatriotfan. Are you a parent of a player? You dont have to tell which one I was just curious. But then again you said you grew up with the boys so I guess you could be a student too. You'd know who I is if you knew the name behind the Lawyer Milloy monicker. B) That makes scense didnt it?

One thing Id like to say is that to say that Zach Smiley has no heart is blasphemus. The kid is 5 foot nothin and he leads the team in sacks if I am not mistaken. To beat people twice/thrice his size AND make tackles never ceases to amaze me.

Pewitt would indeed be a great leader and he has talent, I just dont know if it is at the QB position. He will be a great asset to the team in the coming years but I just dont know which position it will be at.

Only time will tell but often I ask myself "Is Mason the second coming of Brandon Masters?" Nick does his job and thats all you can ask, I just wish he would step up and make massive plays EVERY game. I think he has the heart and talent to and I know he does make plays but no one has really made a play when it counted or atleast they didnt really against DB. (Disregarding the entire fourth qaurter of the West game.) :P

I wasnt tryin to point fingers at anyone, Jeff Co is still a great team. Even the DB folk say that. But to get that bling blinger on the ring finger they will have to do like last year and improve each week. I think they can do it.

That is right. If Williams and Ferguson cant win a state title next year after improving from the level I seen with my own two eyes friday then something is seriously wrong.

From watching the 5a championship game last year I think that DB winning a state championship in the next two years is a sure bet. Hopefully this year isnt your lucky year and we can squeek by and get a ring while we still can. B)

These are some mighty bold predictions. Anybody in the east ever heard of Riverdale, Franklin, Lincoln County, Dickson County, Gallatin?

That "beast of the east" may turn out to be a "Feast" for some of these teams in middle TN.

inot2bad, The teams you mentioned are very good teams for sure. But I can tell you also for sure, there would be no feast against Oak Ridge, Jefferson County, or Dobyns Bennett. I think you could ask the players and coaches from MBA or Riverdale and they will tell you there will be no feast on "THE BEAST" FROM Kingsport. These three teams are at least as good as any 5a teams in middle Tennessee. But then we will have to wait and see want we.

WaCo :( JaCo

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Watching the DB and Jeff game I relized that DB is a great team. I think it was a good game and Jeff did get there heads down. We cant use that as an excuse now tho all they can do is go out and win the rest and meet DB in the playoffs which I really think they will and I think DB knows it too. DB is a great team so watch out for there rest of their games. But Jeff is a great team to so lets see a rematch in the playoffs.

The teams you mentioned are very good teams for sure. But I can tell you also for sure, there would be no feast against Oak Ridge, Jefferson County, or Dobyns Bennett.

WaCoJaCo, I was just messin with ya. I KNOW y'all play great football in the east. I have all the respect in the world for the teams you mentioned. I am jealous....I've been trying to think up a rhyme like "Beast from the East" for some middle TN schools, but what rhymes with "middle"?

Maybe the "Riddle from Middle".....who can solve it?