Warren County @ Tullahoma

theraiderman

I would have to be pulling for the Pioneers in this one. Tulluhoma hasn't won a game this year but they won many last season. Its time for WC not to be the 0-10 team for once at the end of the season. The odds are against them but I hope they can fight through it and come out successful. Also what did the article in the Southern "Slander" say about doing away with football at the high school level? Is that what they going to do or is it what they want to do? And if it is what they want to do they should be ashamed of that article. I know that the Pioneers haven't won many but when your a high school football player and you have to hear about everyday at school and then go home and read about it in the paper that really makes you not want to play anymore. It also discourages the younger guys from playing. I think WCs worst enemy is the lack of tradition in the program which makes guys not want to ever start playing in the program. Instead of making a difference by joining the team and working hard, they just sit in the stand and crack jokes about how bad they are. I think if never played high school football you don't have the right to criticize the few that are out there trying in to make a difference and wanting to change things around.

Edited by Collosus

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know much about the Warren County JV team, but I do know they are having big time problems with the freshman team also. I know they tried yesterday to cancel their freshman game for this week that has been scheduled for a very long time and a contract has been signed for the game. I don't think a decision was made but it seems the problems are trickling down much further than just the varsity program.

Edited by mynameis

i'm so glad i don't read that stupid newspaper... whatever the rumors are in it, please don't repeat it here, i'd rather not have to think about how ignorant some of the press in that county can be... and yes they are in here too, mucking up the boards as well... the only people worse are the ones providing the ideas (heaven knows they don't have the imagination to come up with it on their own).

I think WCs worst enemy is the lack of tradition in the program which makes guys not want to ever start playing in the program.

thing is, there was tradition, something just happened along the way... tell coach upton there's no tradition, he'll set you straight... wc's problem is a political one that will not begin to be addressed for at least a couple of more years... maybe that will coincide with a good group of young players who might decide to actually stick it out through high school, rather than cruise the strip...

Irecnso said:

There have been many times in the last few years that Tullahoma coach Olive has not run up the score on opponents once the game is in hand. He has a reputation of letting all kids play if there is an opportunity. I do not expect he will change just because he is having a tough year. Look for WC to have opportunities to score in this game once Tullahoma empties the bench.

Dude, we know John Olive would never do that to Warren County. We also know that Warren County hasn't faced a team nor will they face a team that has a coach that would do such a thing. The fact remains is that Warren County's team--offensely and defensively as well as special teams--is terrible from top to bottom. I really feel bad for our neighbors up Highway 55, but I'm being serious. Tullahoma could put in their Middle School team and beat this Warren County high school team handily! Watch and see if Tullahoma (despite being 0-5) doesn't come out with this game in convincing fashion. With Tullahoma's Joe Spence at quarterback and reliable receivers like Trevell Wilkerson and runningbacks like Quintus Brazelton, this game will most certainly look like a final by halftime.

Warren County has a very demoralized team that instead of fighting the opponent, they are fighting amongst themselves, and that probably is contributing just as much to the Pioneers' woes as anything else. Their closest game this year so far was against White County and they lost 34-0. All of their other opponents have hung 40+ on them. I can't recall a Warren County team ever being this bad and they were already bad to begin with given their history. This very well may be the worst football season for any one team ever in the history of Tennessee high school football especially if the Pioneers have more games like last weekend's 41-0 loss to Cookeville.

B)

Irecnso said:

Dude, we know John Olive would never do that to Warren County. We also know that Warren County hasn't faced a team nor will they face a team that has a coach that would do such a thing. The fact remains is that Warren County's team--offensely and defensively as well as special teams--is terrible from top to bottom. I really feel bad for our neighbors up Highway 55, but I'm being serious. Tullahoma could put in their Middle School team and beat this Warren County high school team handily! Watch and see if Tullahoma (despite being 0-5) doesn't come out with this game in convincing fashion. With Tullahoma's Joe Spence at quarterback and reliable receivers like Trevell Wilkerson and runningbacks like Quintus Brazelton, this game will most certainly look like a final by halftime.

Warren County has a very demoralized team that instead of fighting the opponent, they are fighting amongst themselves, and that probably is contributing just as much to the Pioneers' woes as anything else. Their closest game this year so far was against White County and they lost 34-0. All of their other opponents have hung 40+ on them. I can't recall a Warren County team ever being this bad and they were already bad to begin with given their history. This very well may be the worst football season for any one team ever in the history of Tennessee high school football especially if the Pioneers have more games like last weekend's 41-0 loss to Cookeville.

:P

I really hate to hear about any program having these kinds of problems. Someone in the community needs to step up and take charge. Are they really THAT bad?! If they are, what on Earth will happen October 24th when they have to travel down to "The Pit" to take on Lincoln County? B)

LCStatman said:

I really hate to hear about any program having these kinds of problems. Someone in the community needs to step up and take charge. Are they really THAT bad?! If they are, what on Earth will happen October 24th when they have to travel down to "The Pit" to take on Lincoln County?  B)

What will happen?

The most lop-sided game in the history of Class 5A football. I shudder to think what the final will be in that one. I have given that game some thought, and I still can't make up my mind on a final. I want to say 70-0, but I think it will be even worse than that!

LCStatman said:

What will happen?

The most lop-sided game in the history of Class 5A football. I shudder to think what the final will be in that one. I have given that game some thought, and I still can't make up my mind on a final. I want to say 70-0, but I think it will be even worse than that!

The only way it will be worse than that is if Warren County cannot stop LC's second and third team. Coach Thompson won't kick a team when they are down. With that game being the next to last game of the regular season, if everyone is still healthy, I figure Edmiston, Gregory and a lot of the starters won't play more than a quarter or so and get some rest and the backups get some much needed experience because we are sure going to need it next year. B)

I agree with LCstatman, Coach Thompson will not kick a team when it's down, unless they are just absolutely horrible. If they are, you will see the starters for the first quarter, get a few points, then maybe the first series of the second half. All the other time the younger players will be getting valuable experience. If a teams starters cannot stop the others second and third stringers, then you never know what might happen. But you never know W.C. might turn it around before then, and start playing better.

As for when WC plays Lincoln County, LC could pick any number they wished and hang it on WC's defense. My guess is somewhere in the mid 60's by the time LC has emptied the benches, put the trainer's in, and even used a few members of the band to mop up in the 4th.

This weekend against Tullahoma, I would open the betting at Tullahoma -35 and go from there. As one coach on this forum put it when asked about Tullahoma's team "They are bad, but they aren't Warren County bad."

I do think this might be their best chance to score a few points late in the game and maybe get some confidence.