middle school football

s3softball

I have seen this team play and for a 7-8th grade team they are for real. The best

team I had seen before then was Monterey and this Warren Co. team came to Monterey and demolished them. Warren Co. always has a good middle school program, why doesn't that translate to their high school at least being competitive?

That is a huge part of the problem... why are they playing Monterey. They should be playing the feeder schools they will go against in high school. It only makes it worse when Jr High coaches schedule a bunch of wins against schools they will never compete with again.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparta, Cookeville, Walter J Baird, JD Jackson, Coffe County, Monterey, Westwood JR High. We have played somebody.

Idunk2,

That's who they've played...... So lay off a little. You need to do some background

before you come on here harping on this team. like I said earlier, for a 7th & 8th grade team this Warren Co. team is solid!!!!

There is a huge (HUGE) difference in winning at the middle school level and the high school level. It's the same type of leap that happens from youth sports to middle school. Please don't take this wrong! I'm not putting down middle school coaches or their successful programs... on the contrary, I think that is one of the things that a successful high school program needs... good middle school feeders that teach fundamental football (run, catch, block, and tackle), but you simply can't say that because a middle school program is successful that it will mean the high school kids will be too. Once a young man gets an auto... everything changes in his life. Most will need a job to pay for the insurance and payments, while others will find other excuses for not playing sports in high school. It only takes three or four key players to leave the sport to effect the performance of a football team. To be successful in high school, a player must dedicate himself to the weight room and some informal summer training. Good players work year round to make themselves better. You don't see this too often in middle school. The amount of dedication to practice is very different! Great high school teams have SOME athletes who sell out and become great football players at an individual level. This requires lots of time and dedication, much more than what is required in middle school!

I hope the success that these young players have enjoyed will translate into winning seasons down the road, but someone will have to convince them to stay with the game when they turn 16! That will require more than just a casual suggestion to play ball.

Edited by ELA

Success has a way of spreading REBELRON.Once you inject it,it goes through the entire body.Sounds like you guys have the winning disease epidemic throughout your whole system.

How much of the success experienced at the high school is due to the fact that you have a middle school program?

I see it as an extremely beneficial factor, partly because of the community support and communication between the middle school and high school programs.