Congrats to wilson Central

Guest region4fan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croach said:

So how many more wins do these guys get this year? 1? 2? 3?

This is certainly a question I think can be asked to the team that Wilson Central beat. I mean, I'm an alumn of Coffee County. The school went 7-43 in the past five years! Great win for Wilson Central, but can anyone really be suprised that a school close to Nashville was successful against a small school from "Cattletown", Tennessee? Coffee Countians are used to these kinds of games.

Coffee County hasn't beaten Franklin County since 1997. 1997 was Coffee's only win over Franklin County in more than 15 years! Why would Coffee win now?? Same thing applies for Lincoln County.

Coffee County is riding a losing streak against 3A power Grundy County and has been unsuccessful against 2A power Sweetwater. So really, when all boils down to it? How many more will Coffee win? Maybe one--the season finale against Warren County?

The Wilson Central game was a flashback of many a miserable seasons in Manchester. All of Coffee County's other games were relatively close except for Siegel who's not any good. And Coffee County's other opponents that they've faced aren't really all that great either. Only Cookeville is above .500 right now, but that'll change after Friday when they get drilled by Lincoln County.

The point is, I think too many Coffee Countians like myself are getting our hopes up too high at this point in time. The Red Raiders are winning but they haven't exactly beaten the best teams around like our team in 1997 did. We've already sealed a playoff bid regardless, even if it turns out to be as a 3rd seed at worst, but that doesn't mean much in Region 3. My point is this. I'm not so sure that Coffee County has turned the corner yet. They don't know how to put an opponent away like good teams do. They fall behind early and try to dig back in it and then they wind up losing or they take a lead and don't hang on to it.

The Coffee County Red Zone defense is starting to slack alot!

Oh well. Maybe if Manchester was next to Nashville like Murfreesboro, Hendersonville, Franklin, Brentwood, Gallatin, and Lebanon then maybe we would stand a better shot at winning. Aside from Lincoln County there really isn't anything great in 5A football beyond a 30 mile radius of Nashville as far as the Middle Tennessee area is concerned.

wow, so much that one loss can do... hmmm, maybe I'll jump off the bandwaggon too! I mean heaven forbid a team has a bad night... I guess that means they'll stink it up the rest of the season. B) well, maybe not! I remember in 1997 that Coffee County lost to a Columbia team that they should have beat also (of course it was no where near a situation like this)... but how did we repeond? we came out and beat the tar out of lincoln county like it wasnt no body's business! so whats my point? my point is this, see what these guys do next week... my bet is that they be fired up and ready to avenge this stinking loss! I think this will also be a great chance for Coach Price to come out and show his team's character and heart. (not something associate the CC teams of recent past) but for the love all things remotely holy in coffee county, stick with em! or atleast pretend to! B)

Edited by joemontanaismyhero57

Congratulations to Wilson Central for a hard fought & deserved win. I don't know who he is, but the Lopez kid was all over the field. He made most of the tackles on defense and if I heard the announcer right, also played on the offense. It wouldn't suprise me if he didn't play every play of the game.

As for Coffee County, you just had a bad game. I don't know if it was over-confidence or what, but you just didn't look like the same team that usually hit the field this year. And yes, I do believe you can play with Franklin County, and you have a 50/50 chance of beating them. It just depends on which team shows up. Use this game as a wakeup call. Any team out there can be beat (unless you're Lincoln County). You still have a good season, and it can still get better. Coach Price has done an outstanding job this year, and if the community and the administration will stick with him, Coffee County will be a force in 5a in the future.

Just remember, be gracious in winning and losing & don't try to blame the officials like raiderman did. I was there, and the officiating seemed pretty balanced to me.

i am sure you and raiderman felt mighty big by making comments like that, raiderman quit making excuses, your team got beat, end of story, wilson deserved it and obviously coffee didnt, so quit whining and be a man.

JoeMontanaIsMyHero said:

wow, so much that one loss can do... hmmm, maybe I'll jump off the bandwaggon too! I mean heaven forbid a team has a bad night... I guess that means they'll stink it up the rest of the season.  well, maybe not! I remember in 1997 that Coffee County lost to a Columbia team that they should have beat also (of course it was no where near a situation like this)... but how did we repeond? we came out and beat the tar out of lincoln county like it wasnt no body's business! so whats my point? my point is this, see what these guys do next week... my bet is that they be fired up and ready to avenge this stinking loss! I think this will also be a great chance for Coach Price to come out and show his team's character and heart. (not something associate the CC teams of recent past) but for the love all things remotely holy in coffee county, stick with em! or atleast pretend to!

No one's jumping off the bandwagon. And if I had the money and the job I would've renewed my season tickets like I've done the past two seasons. Columbia had a pretty decent team then. We actually beat some teams that mattered then as well such as Oakland and Smyrna. Who have we beaten within a 30 mile radius of Nashville? SIEGEL! Oh, big whoop! And Wilson Central defeated us like they've been playing 5A football longer than we have! It's shameful that that team is ranked 7th in an 8-team region and Coffee County was ranked 2nd in a 6-team region and still lost.

The only real chance Coffee County has at turning this program around is to beat Lincoln County and you already know the result of that game. Franklin County is 2-4. If Coffee County beats them, so what. If Coffee County loses to them, it may be expected. Grundy County is 4-2. If we lose to them it'd be nothing new. Coffee County has beaten Grundy since 1994! Grundy has beaten Coffee County every time the past two or three straight years. And Sweetwater stands at 2-3. They've won the only two meeting against Coffee County last year and the year before. Another win over the Red Raiders would surprise no one.

In my four years at Coffee County our team went 17-24 and that includes the 1997 year when we went to the playoffs.

But you have to ask yourself, would you be totally surprised if we started losing? I mean, alot of these kids did spend one, two, or three years with Mr. Breeden who shoved off to Riverdale (no surprise) after Coffee County's administration hurt his feelings by asking him to resign as football coach!

My point is this. Coffee County is in a rural area of Middle Tennessee. Once upon a time when there was no Riverdale and there was no Brentwood and there was no Oakland, we had our days with our 13-0 records and bowl victories over Carthage and the powers of the East. Now times have changed and now we in the southeastern part of the state must take a backseat to the powers that have risen close to Nashville and it's surrounding counties!

semperfiblue...do you not ever go back to what you posted in previous threads? You claimed that siegel would make the playoffs, you were the biggest backer of CC when others claimed we played a soft schedule (you stated how good both Cookeville & Crossville were) & how Franklin Co was a power who barely lost to Fr. Ryan!!! Now you do a complete 180 & state the weakness of CC's schedule & the region 3-5A overall. IF you did play for the Red Raiders you must not have played to much attention. 30 mile radius out of Nashville means very little. Tullahoma, Columbia, Lincoln Co., Shelbyville, Dickson Co., all succeed within their classes. CC would be there as well if the boys that play sports up to age 13-14 (Middle school) will go out at the high school. You should know that the CC class of 98 had 25 seniors, that makes a huge difference. If it was not for Eric Locke led Riverdale CC may have won the region that year.

Please continue to post your threads, their like Jeckyl & Hyde, and rather amusing.

Guest region4fan

Oakland played Wilson at Wilson. There were only 3 flags in that game. Two were against OHS, and 1 against Wilson. All were deserved. Don't you think if there was some home cookin' at Wilson, they would have won more than one game. You guys have a winning record still. Be proud of it and continue to win. Get off Wilson Central, you are only sounding like a big baby. They ARE and WERE good enough to beat you, even with your guy that rushes for a zillion yds.