Your thoughts on AA region 2

SHORT10

The next couple of weeks will decide how the region will pan out. Wartburg vs. Oliver Springs, and Alcoa vs. Rockwood will decide the order the region will end up. Unfortunately, Injuries will also play a role in the decision. Some teams have lost key players. This region is one of the best and most competitive in the state. I look forward to seeing how the standings end. Regardless of the ending order, look for this region to do well in the playoffs, much like it did last year.

This week will tell alot, but it want tell everything. Harriman is going to get overlooked by someone and win one this yr. Hopefully it will not be a region game. And if it is a region game hopefully it will not be Rockwood. Harriman is due for a win but, who is it going to be against. That could be the upset for the region. My picks.

Rockwood

OS

Wartburg

Alcoa

Sweetwater

Harriman

Hopefully the Tigers dont stubble and fall. Just remember the Tigers dont leave the den for the rest of the year.

the tigers may not leave the den for the rest of the regular year, but depending on how they play will decide if they leave for playoffs. with alcoa this week they must bring their a game. it wont be easy but i think they can do it. if the knock off alcoa and harryman is given they still won't leave the first round. personally i hope they take it all the way 10-0. this week rwood 21-7 over alcoa

Last time I looked at the Region Standings, Oliver Springs and Rockwood are tied at 2-0 in the region. Saying that Rockwood has the inside track on the region title is a little off base. Granted Oliver Springs has one loss and Rockwood is undefeated, but that means very little. Oliver Springs lost to one of the better AAA teams in suprising 4-1 Lenior City team. Rockwood hasn't played anyone like that in their non region schedule. So, the one loss is no indication that Oliver Springs is an inferior team to Rockwood. OS has won the last three meetings and brings most everyone back from a team that advanced to the quarterfinals of playoffs.

Even though Wartburg vs. Oliver Springs is getting alot of the hype for the Region 2AA game, Alcoa vs. Rockwood is equally as big. The Tornadoes are very capable of winning this game and not losing the rest of the season. Alcoa has lost to Maryville, William Blount, and Oliver Springs. Not bad competition.

This week in Region 2AA

Sweetwater 35 Harriman 7

Oliver Springs 28 Wartburg 19

Alcoa 28 Rockwood 21

Edited by OS91

OS91, I don't know where you get that my comment about Rockwood having the inside track is off base. They have two wins on the road against Wartburg and Sweetwater so far. OS has beaten a good Alcoa team and a struggling Harriman squad. Right now, Rockwood has the inside track. Not saying they are any better or any worse than OS, just stating the facts. Sorry if the comment offended you.

I meant to add that Rockwood plays the rest of their schedule at home which will also be an advantage. If OS beats Wartburg and Rockwood beat Alcoa this Friday, then OS and Rockwood will play for the Region 2A Championship. I think both games Friday night could go either way. There really is a lot of parity in Region 2AA this season.

Sweetwater is sitting at 0-2 in the region, and who would have thought that heading into this season. You have to remember that Alcoa and Rockwood both only beat them by a touchdown. So you have the Wildcats with no shot as repeating, but a couple of plays from being on top of the region. Great balance in Region 2AA.

Oliver SPrings has won 3 in a row against Rockwood. The Bobcats advanced to the quarterfinals of the AA playoffs last year. Additionally, OS beat an Alcoa team that might be the second best team in the region in Blount County ( at Alcoa) OS beat Kingston by 21 and Rockwood won by 7. I think both teams have an equal chance at the rgion 2aa title.