MBA vs. McCallie

irish34

One could argue I have too much free time on my hands, especially my wife, who will occasionally pass by the PC and ask me if I'm "looking at that high school football crap again".

Oh, what she doesn't understand....

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that gets that response

from the wife.

McCallie has beaten a very good Tyner team but looked terrible against BA.

I don't believe that they will be able to put more than 7 on the board

against MBA's defense. If they come to play, it could be close. However,

I can also see the potential for Fisher to light up the scoreboard. I'll take

MBA by 14.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure MBA has seen Bretwood/McCallie tape. Brentwood's D shifted like they had Mc play book and Mc never used the tight end or short passes to counter the LB shift. (2nd half they did try a few counters) Also Brentwood appeared to use automatic (uncalled) audibels in response to shifts in alignment of Mc's DB - gaining 8-15 yards each quick pass. Bet MBA saw all this.

Mc made a few adjustments at half but continued to try the long pattern when their line could not hold Brentwood out that long.

One of the weaker coached games for Potter and his staff. They were kinda schooled by the master -Flatt.

If MBA can throw it may get ugly. Understand Mc is going to its "midget DBs" - remember the days of ND and Adarius Bowman's 5 TD? MBA by 3TDs if they use their tight end deep or have anybody else who can out jump Mc little Dbs.

If one thing can be said about these Division II-AAA games it is that you never know what to expect... MBA is by far one of the top two teams in the league this season, but McCallie always finds a way to win games like this... they laid an egg against BA two weeks ago, but that doesn't mean anything now... I would not be at all surprised if the Blue Tornado wins this game... now, that being said I think MBA still wins, but it's close in the fourth quarter...