Best Offensive Line Coach in da State?

pantherfanatic

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Darryl Smith? I am sure he is really good, but he ain't no Steve Taylor or Tom Tillman. Many coaches stay at there position for a long period of time, so if this Tillman guy went through the ranks of a good program like Lipscomb that fast, he must be one of the best.

I heard that Tom had a scholarship offer to Alabama, but he turned it down to "work with kids in an athletic, curriculum, spiritual type way," once McAdams offered him a position with Keith Temple.

I would be willing to say if Tom Tighlman went to Alambama, he would have such a lasting effect on the program that they would not have choked against, Arkansas, Oklahoma, etc... (the list could go on and on)

So I am sure Coach Smith is great, but I doubt he has risen through the ranks faster than Steve Tillman.

For some reason I just can't stop my investigative reporting on this thread. You'd think I have nothing to do!

I think it was Tilghman that turned down Alabama and not Toyler. Tilghman is an Albama boy from weigh back. I still dont know who he is for sure, but I think he's the one that's well fed (saw him on CSS), but not as well fed as McAdams!

A friend of mine who is in with the "DL network" has been monitoring this thread and tells me alot of this info is not true (I think he's either trapped or tackle but he won't tell me! but I'll figure you out sooner or later!). McAdams is only 55 or so and not mid-60's. Could've fooled me. City life must be hard on a man. Also, he wasn't a QB in high school. He was a nose guard. Should've known after seeing the gut! Again, kidding. He is a classy man. He has a motto for the kids that says something like "Aptitude, Work, Hit, Prepare, Courage" (AWHPC) - they have those letters on the stickers on thier helmets.

Also, Temple dosn't even coach the O-line at the MS level. Should've known. Anyone who struts around on the sideline like the next Steve Spurrier can't be an O-line coach. I know Temple pretty well so I can say that. He coaches the QB's and DB's.

ANd no, Toyler didn't play line in high school. He was a great free safety at Roosevelt High in Mississippi. Was all county his senior year. Would absoultely knock your head off. They say his calves are huge. Would've played in college, but Freed-Hardeman woudln;t field a team. But I'm not sure this makes him any less qualified to be a line coach. Do you have to be a historian to be a good history teacher? Do you have to have been a pro kickball player to teach elementary PE? Rhetorical, so please don't answer.

I just got off the DL website. It's very in-depth. Check it out at www.mustangfanpage.com. Go to this site for coaches' pics: http://www.mustangfanpage.com/roster.htm. Somebody has a whole lot of time on their hands to do such a site. Probably an obsessed dad.

I did find a few corrections, but still can't determine who coaches what position. The Tayler guys name is actually Tim, not Tom, not Todd. I wonder if it's the saem guy who used to be the head coach at Sequatchie County? And Tyler is their trainer. I bet a lot of people get those two guys confused. Their names are a lot alike and they look similar too.

Tilghman's first name is actually Scott. Spencer is an old RB from Paducah, KY. Sorry about the mistake, Scott. I was right though, he's a healthy lad. He'd be a good line coach. He now gets my vote for best in the mid-south.

I told you Temple was a Spurrier wanna be. Go look at that pretty boy's pic.

I bet the teenage girls are all over Coach Stewart. He look slike a young Italian Stallion.

There must be something in the water at DL. Something that makes the hair fall out that is. Edwards, Green, Tayler and Polk all have a whole lot of forehead.

Is Elrod the guy I always see during the Titans games? Is he also their team doctor? Every time on turn on the game I see this guy's butt sticking up in the air as he bends over to check on a player. My girlfriend thinks he has a cute butt, but I don't look at stuff like that.

The pic of McAdams is a good one. He looks like he's been rode hard and put up wet. That's a horse riding term for all you DL city boys. You probably don't even know the good old football terms of "The hay's in the barn."

I am not exactly sure who the best Offensive Line coach is after reading all of this. Sounds like the coaching staff at Lipscomb has some real "dysfunctionality" going on there. I mean if there fans can't get there names right, how can they get along as a staff?

Sounds like ole mule mccadams needs to clean house with some germotox and get a new staff. (speaking of staff, germotox is good at cleaning staff infections also).

Here is my vote for best Offensive line coach ever---Gary Semanchick (nuff said!)

Hey Twittycanes, tell Conway I said "Hey!"

Peace Out.

scissors- how can you say that middle school talk is ridikulus. everyone knows that if you don't learn the basics early you never learn them. it's just like school if a kid don't have any idea of how to add two numbers than nothing the high school teacher says is gonna mean ahything! So in my opinion a good high school team has to have a good feeder program. If this temple guy is as good as everyone says than no wonder that DL is so good. how long has he been there? probably since DL started being good.

Amen!!! There are some great coaches in the middle schools around the state, many better than some of the guys coaching on Friday nights. Just because a teacher chooses to teach a lower age group doesn't mean that he is any less of a coach. There are also many coaches in TN high school football that could be on college staffs. Most often middle school games are more enjoyable and more evenly match than high school games.

Well, more time spent on this topic has added new insight. After all this time, I have come to realize that I actually know the Tilghman guy. He is originally from Mayfield, KY and not AL. His brother is named Theodore and his mom and dad are named Ward & June.

Edwards is not smart enough to put pressure on the Goodpasture QB, so how could he be smart enough to use multisyllabic words. My guess is that he cannot be paper.

All this talk brings up my vote for the real best line coach: Jay Gore. Gore was responsible for making BGA the power that it has become. He also took DL from the bottom to a state championship. He then left DL after too many wins to keep up w/ and is now at Hillsboro. He's been there 5 years and they have lost one regular season game. Rumor has it they decided to smoke a cigar after each win. Problem is that they now all have lung cancer.

I think McAdams is probably behind alot of this. I hear he's actually a computer whiz. Heard some story about how he actually invented the mouse. Do you know that he also invented germitox? He was experimenting in his lab one day (he teaches 7 AP science classes a day) and came up with this stuff that's likfe flubber. They say the movie Flubber is based on his story. Many think he's just a good ole west TN boy, but he's been cityfied. Freinds on the inside say he's on the cutting edge of technology. Heck, I hear they have a big screen TV in their coaches's office, and if you;re sitting directly in front of it you can actually make out some of the picture. Also hear he keeps finding great deals on VCR's. Apparently he found some for under $200 so he bought a whole bunch to make film copies for the kids. He must be one of those types that doesn't mind spending the money to make it happen.

Well, I better get back to the Grove. Hotty Totty.

Listen guys, we all need to keep this stuff in perspective. I apologize for getting so passionate about this thread. Let's remember, 100 million Chinese couldn't care less. Now that leaves us with another 1 billion that could care less, but who's counting?

The best part about football is that we get to run around in gangs and beat people up. Also, football epitomizes Christianity. If you combine the two then you've got some issues, but let's not do that.

There have been many great posts on here about line coaches, here are the top vote getters so far. I am not sure about some names because evidently some people have replied back as a joke, but these name are correct. I have verified them with the TSSAA website.

1.) Josh Kerr -Anderson County

2.) Tubby Tillman- Lipscomb

3.) Darryl Watson-D.B.

4.) Lee Green(wood) - Lipscomb

5.) Ron Gray- Oak Ridge

6.) Jared Webber - Lipscomb

7.) Will Barham - Georgia via. Portland

8.) Glenn Taylor - Lipscomb

9.) Darryl Smith - Central

10.) 3 way tie

a.) Jay Gore - East Robertson, BGA, Lipscomb, Hillsboro

b.) Gary Semanchick - Lipscomb

c.) 2 way tie for the 10th place c name

1.) Chico Hale - Lipscomb (early 70's)

2.) 2 way tie for position 10 letter c, spot 2

a.) Kris Temple - Lipscomb

b.) Geoffrey Goff - Lipscomb

Once again this list is as of NOW! It could change throughout the months, especially during the playoff runs. ALL names are correct and verified.