South Pittsburg vs. Boyd

Pplayer11

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious how PUJO can be on the other end of the earth, but know for certain Boyd will beat S.P. by at least 14. It doesnt really matter. Boyd or South Pitt would beat Cloudland by at least 21. The only reason Boyd and South Pitt both won't be in the semifinals is because they are in the same region and will have to play in the quarterfinals. Two best teams in the East WILL play Friday night.

And Pujo who is on the other end of the earth,would like to know how you are so sure either team could beat Cloudland. The main thing I am going by is the way Boyd handled South Pitt last season,Cloudland ,at least kept it close for a half, I also remember the BEATING we put on South Pitt two years ago. We will be at home this season,come on up . I really hope South Pitt is our biggest obstacle,if so, give us the gold ball. I also think DCA ,CPA ,USJ and JCS could give any of the better schools in the East all they want.

We scrimmaged SP and played Boyd and this is what i have to say....boyds back field isnt quiet as fast as SP's and SP's D-line isnt quiet as fast as Boyds but they are stronger...Cook can throw the ball from Whitwell half way to Jasper and Akins has an arm too....just not as strong as Cooks...Boyds O-line communicates a little better than SPs and are a little bigger too...but as for a prediction...id say SP by 6 but should be a great game to watch and probably a better game to play in

Should be a great game; can't wait to see it. I think both teams are well coached with excellent talent. SP has a lot of speed but so does Boyd, particularly defensive speed. I think both teams will score but in the end, Boyd's talent, discipline and special teams (combined with the fact that it is at Boyd and homecoming) carry the day.

Boyd Buchanan 31

South Pittsburg 21

Edited by Chattcity

Should be a great game; can't wait to see it. I think both teams are well coached with excellent talent. SP has a lot of speed but so does Boyd, particularly defensive speed. I think both teams will score but in the end, Boyd's talent, discipline and special teams (combined with the fact that it is at Boyd and homecoming) carry the day.

Boyd Buchanan 31

South Pittsburg 21

From a neutral standpoint, I don't see where Boyd's talent and discipline have the edge over SP. Maybe you can help me understand your point, Chattcity. So now let's look at the final two points you make:

1. Special teams - it's my understanding that ER returned one kickoff for a TD, and another for about 60 yards. Can you imagine what SP will do with their speed? So, what if Boyd can kick field goals? If Boyd converts on 3 field goals, that obviously can't compare to the 2 TD's that SP will score on special teams. I don't recall SP having special team troubles this year, with the exception of extra points.

2. Homecoming at Boyd - just as half the Boyd team said regarding ER scheduling them for homecoming, "what an insult"! My source is Stump on Sports. I don't think the players who were interviewed realized what they were saying. Hello! And too, there's no such thing as home field advantage in high school. The only exception is a long-distance playoff game, where the team is cooped up in a bus all day long.

I'll say this...if SP can prove that they can tackle in the open field, and cover the wide receivers for an extended period of time, it could be a long day for Boyd. SP will have no problem scoring...from what I've seen so far. They have too many weapons at the skill positions.