McNairy Central

soccerplaya7

McNairy has been one of the most prestige 3A teams in west tennessee. Mcnairy has made it the the state playoffs 12 straight years and plays in the toughest regions in west tenn. (crockett, southside, mcnairy,...i guess u can say lexington)in the last 3 years Mcnairy central is 24-5 that is counting this year so far. I want to know why everybody talks bout these team like crockett and how good they are...have yall look at crockett's schedule so far..lol...they aint played nobody!This weeks game between mcnairy@crockett should be huge for both team...please sombody tell me what ya think and why Cental dont get any credit or give them some?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have mcnairy,southside, and lexington in 3 straight games and have u not payed attention to our schedules in the past. We play the same teams except westview and sbec and what has happened in the past, people say we don't play anyone but when the big game comes everyone is quiet but crockett so like i said lets have some class about us and not talk until saturday morning then say what u want.

Who's not giving McNairy credit? Just because most people expect Crockett County to beat them, that doesn't mean no one's giving them credit. I think everyone in west TN knows they've got a good program.

Are you sure about 12 straight years in the playoffs? Earl Nall's normally accurate site doesn't confirm that. But as long as we're talking post-season, I think your answer lies there - according to Earl Nall's site, McNairy has made it past the second round only once since 1993. In the last two years, Crockett has a BCBS Bowl appearance and a semi-final apperance. Their recent post-season success is what gets them the attention.

As far as scheduling goes, before you point out Crockett's, you might want to look at McNairy's. It hasn't exactly been grueling.

Mcnairy has made it the the state playoffs 12 straight

McNairy did not make the playoffs in 1999 or 2000. I'm not taking anything away from Crockett because they played a great game but this game probably should have been closer.It seemed to me that McNairy was not prepared for this game because their play calling was HORRIBLE! I thought I was coming to see a good game but i just came to see a blowout.

Let me HEar ya, I do agree with you about McNairy's play callin. I don't understand when you have a great tailback in Crayton who has ran over 1000 yards the past two seasons and he carries the ball 9 times for 85 yards. I don't understand what is going on that is over 9 yards per carry and he gets the ball 9 times. It doesn't take genius to figure out you go with your bread and butter. This lack of good play callin has been going on at McNairy Central for awhile. There is no reason with all the great athletes that has come through McNairy they have only made it to the third round once. Oh well maybe the coaching staff will learn sooner or later.

I agree with u McNBobcat. I think he ran the ball 9 times, Kiser 12 times, and the QB 9 times. But what I really thought they should have done is throw the ball more. They could have ran the slant pattern to the inside all night. In the 4th qtr they hit a pass for about 40 yds and the blew by the CB and the CB never even looked for the ball. No they did not abandon the run for the pass. When they should have been passing they were running. I heard alot of their fans getting ticked off about that and yelling at the coach to quit running the ball. They rean just about the whole 3rd and 4th quarter. They came out of halftime down 21-3 and run the ball and scored but eat 6 min off the clock.