clinton's coach - 2004

topkak

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach C, from Clinton was one of the worst decisions the Dragons made. When they hired him they overlooked many coaches in this area that were right for the job... I am not saying that you should automatically hire someone that is already on the staff....but i don't think that you should go out and hire someone that is from your rivaly... i know he came from Carter, but before he coached at Anderson County....we need to go out and hire someone out of the area that will come in and get the kids exicted about playing football.....Since coach Gaylor left the Dragons everything went south....We need to get back to the dominating the area in football like the early 90's....Also i know Spencer Riley is looking for a head coaching job...I think he is coaching at Karns right now and maybe he can come in and bring the strength back to Clinton....

GO DRAGONS

I have followed the Dragons for many years and must say that David Clary makes some excellent points on this post regarding accessibility and promotion. I like Coach Catlett a great deal, but some of the responsibilities that go with being a head coach were not a strong suit. I DO NOT SAY THIS TO SLING MUD IN ANYBODY'S FACE. Community relations were not a strength; and let's face it, we live in a world where often times perception is reality.

Marcvols, I think you're correct in your assessment. I just wish the young man had been given a fair opportunity. If he should receive another chance, I suppose we'll see if maturity and experience has come with this, um, extraordinary experience. If and when that time comes, we'll see how all is handled and most of us will go from there.

I'm sure that Clinton is serious about rebuilding their program, but they don't want to make the same mistake again and completely weigh all their options.

I think the Rash meant that the administration shouldn't drag their feet, and that they should get the interview process moving. If they wait until a week before spring practice or let the assistants run spring practice, then name a head coach, then that doesn't show too much of a commitment to the program.