Boyd Buchanan 24 South Pittsburg 6

krp

well jasper i give you this sp is a great team... but never has there nor maybe never be a great a team in sp as the 1994 team... a single player maybe.. but never a better team. that year they played together as a team not saying this one doesnt.. but the 94 team there wasnt a standout there was 12 or more.. and i think there was like 7 players from the 94 team that went to college on a football scholarship... but the 2003 has there own destiny to conclude.. they will bounce back cause they are a great team.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a little disappointed at SP play. Seems the coach could not get the boys to relax and play good ball. My hat off to BB they done what it takes to win that includes making SP pay for the turn overs. I thought before the game there could be a 100 point scored. Hey, cramps drink dill pickle juice 2ounces and hour before the games.

Yeah I was there in the Chiefs coat and saw about what I expected to see. South Pitt seemed a little nervous to start the game. Both teams played great defence and were really quick to the ball, Boyd was the more confident team and made the least mistakes. I,d say this was round one but I,d have to go with Boyd again,defence is just to quick,. The Walker kid from Pitt is going to be special. I hope Peardon is alLright. South Pitt is a really talented team and could win the next one.

Yeah I was there in the Chiefs coat and saw about what I expected to see. South Pitt seemed a little nervous to start the game. Both teams played great defence and were really quick to the ball, Boyd was the more confident team and made the least mistakes. I,d say this was round one but I,d have to go with Boyd again,defence is just to quick,. The Walker kid from Pitt is going to be special. I hope Peardon is alLright. South Pitt is a really talented team and could win the next one.

If SP don't win the next one I hope Cloudland can come through on the one after that.

Dog gone it pujo I should have come down and said hello. This could get interesting in the long run. I may have to make a tough decision down the road who to pull for. The "private" school closer to home or the "blue collar" school. I better be careful or this thread might be moved!! All three teams need to stay focused or none of them may not meet.

Nice assessment of the game. Where are you from bbsesq?

My kids go to BBS. We live in Chattanooga about 5 miles from the school. (Sorry, we're not from Georgia)

I don't know Coach Grider. I do know that the SP boys were not as well conditioned as the BBS team.

I think that the BBS coaching staff could have taken the SP boys and won. The SP coaches could not have done the same.

I was at the game last Friday and I will have to say that I haven't seen two teams more evenly matched in a long time. The turnovers really hurt South Pittsburg maybe the punt returners will learn from their mistakes and get ready for next week. I think South Pittsburg should have stuck to their bread and butter offense. Their biggest downfalls Friday night was the coaches had thought too much about the the game and tried to get too fancy (just like Trousdale in 1998). They were also overconfident, players and coaches. Offensively they should have spread the wealth and Ron shouldn't have tried to do everything himself. Boyd is very beatable they are not as good as last year but they still are very good South Pittsburg is too if they play like they are capable they will meet again. One thing about conditioning South Pittsburg is in as good of condition as Boyd when you are hyped up as much as they were you will cramp up I've been there I know.

In response to South Pittsburg so called easy schedule they have a hard time scheduling teams as it is. When the schedule was put together their was hopes of a harder schedule than the last couple of years. Sweetwater was scheduled first game of season which at one time was a huge rival for South Pittsburg not to mention last year they were in the 2a semifinals. Lookout Valley is region game can't do anything about that. Grundy Co. good team some people thought would contend for 3a championship. Open date tried to fill this date with almost anyone including 4a and 5a schools but the openings were filled or the travel too far. Sequatchie is a old SVC school who South Pittsburg has had some great games in the past. Boyd huge rival and a quality team. Marion County Huge rival and always hard to beat in my opinion this game biggest rivalry game ever. Rest of season is region opponents except for Bledsoe and once again old SVC school that has been a good game in the past.

Well put SVCfan. SP has historically had problems scheduling non-district or region games with 1a or A schools. Its not all that long ago when Boyd wouldn't compete in the District to be playoff eligible. Boyd was one of the schools in A that used to avoid SP. Boyd became a basketball power and the TSSAA told them they had to compete in all sports or none. I don't think SP is afraid to play anyone.