CPA-They're Back!

divepix

Sorry, DCA, Collinwood, USJ - but if CPA plays out the season like they did tonight at Ezell, there should be a rematch with Boyd (who proved their worth against SP) in Mufreesboro in December.

Travis Sikes is the best 1A receiver in the state, Luke Landers is an all-state caliber running back and now that Josh Pollock has settled in at QB with a great arm and great receivers, CPA will be hard to stop.

On top of that, against a closely matched opponent, Coach Pack will win the coaching match - just ask Coach Smith at Ezell. :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, DCA, Collinwood, USJ - but if CPA plays out the season like they did tonight at Ezell, there should be a rematch with Boyd (who proved their worth against SP) in Mufreesboro in December.

Travis Sikes is the best 1A receiver in the state, Luke Landers is an all-state caliber running back and now that Josh Pollock has settled in at QB with a great arm and great receivers, CPA will be hard to stop.

On top of that, against a closely matched opponent, Coach Pack will win the coaching match - just ask Coach Smith at Ezell. :)

I agree about CPA the other side is still up for grabs.

CPA had a great game, but until they beat DCA AT DCA, they aren't the superior team. They had ONE good game. DCA's defense still hasn't allowed more than 13 points so far this year.

Congrats CPA, BUT............We're STILL #1!!!

Edited by 4life

No, you're wrong! DCA is not #1. You are a very good team. CPA is defending state champ and has beat DCA the last several years in a row and the last 3 times on DCA's field. We obviously don't mind coming there to play.

We respect DCA and their program. We know they have a good team, but they won't be #1 until they beat CPA, which they haven't done in years.

By the way, since losing to Goodpasture and Riverdale, CPA 1st string defense has given up 2 touchdowns in 4 games.

Edited by divepix

I'm simply going by what i saw on the front page of this very website. I know a defending champ is still number one until they are eliminated but all the publications I have seen HAVE US at number one.

I repeat - DCA is a good team (they were last year) and a class program. However, newspaper polls, weak schedules and websites don't make a team #1. If DCA had played Goodpasture and Riverdale, they would have 2 losses too and would not be ranked #1 on the website. I look forward to the DCA-CPA game. It will be a good one as usual and I really enjoy visiting DCA. They have a great field, fans and a colorful atmosphere. Go, CPA!

I NEVER mentioned CPA losing to those teams, DCA would have lost to them as well. Oh well. I hope to see you at the game. We'll see who is number one. I just don't think CPA can stop Wooden. We will also have our starting qb back by then for the first time since week 3. Good Luck. Go DCA

EDIT: I just reread your post about DCA having a weak schedule. That is not true. They have played the same teams that CPA has, barring Riverdale and Goodpasture. DCA 's strength of schedule is just as high as CPA's .

Not only is DCA going to beat CPA in week 9, but I'm going to rub it in everyone's face when they do. I'm so sick of hearing about how because a team is good last year, they are going to beat a team this year. Most of you people that write this stuff don't play in the actual game anyway, you just sit here and type about how good people are and they are going to win because YOU think they are going to. See ya week 9.

DCA Football, what we think about upcoming games is what the message board and the fun of Coacht is all about. Don't get so upset about some predictions and start talking about "rubbing it in somebody's face". I simply am stating my thoughts as everyone is on these boards. My point is that DCA has a good team, but they have not proven over the last years they can beat CPA even when they were good or when they had a better record than CPA.

CPA doesn't have to talk about last year - they just beat Ezell 53-14. DCA beat them 38-13 and it was fairly close until 2nd half. CPA had Ezell 39-6 at half.

And 4life, there is no way DCA's schedule to date has been as strong as CPA's. The teams they play are basically the same except DCA played East Robertson and Jackson Christian (both 1A schools), while CPA played Goodpasture (2A) and Riverdale (5A), and Murphy, N.C., a perennial power 3A size school in N.C.. You do the math.