MBA at Christian Brothers

rollredroll

I have seen both CBHS and MBA play this year. MBA vs. Southaven, MS. and CBHS vs. Germantown.

CBHS has the best defensive front that I have seen in many years. CBHS also executes a very deceptive offense that MBA's linebackers will need to stay home to defend.

CBHS gets the nod on Defense.

MBA's Quarterback and Running Back are better than CBHS' QB and RBs.

CBHS gets the nod at wide reciever with Russell.

MBA gets the nod in the Coaching Department.

CBHS gets a small advantage playing at home, which I do not think will impact MBA.

Overall, this will be a classic which will come down to Special Team's and turnovers.

I do not look for MBA to turn the ball over like BA did.

Overall pick - MBA in a close one

Edited by Jsimpjr

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RED,

Parity has come to HS football: minimal upsets: Tyler Lee (predicted +1 by unapproved website v. Lufkin--not really an upset); Evangel (+14 predicted), Reno, McQueen, the team previously mentioned as high scoring last year (7-13,L); Kamiakin of Kennexick, XA; Xebster Grove, MO; and Morgantoxn, XV.

The guys at unapproved website are doing the "analytical-types" a great data collection service...Sure, the intrinsics are not computated, but just on an anecdotal note: last year I thought Long Beach Poly the most physical, athletic of all 10 Ten teams I caught in person...unapproved website "dogged" them all season, only to see them exit the playoffs early.

Re: Maryville and DB, the TN rankings are skexed to Xest TN, and lesser to Middle TN. I agree, xith Preps, the East is expremely xeak--neither Maryville, nor DB have played anyone. It's a shame Brookxood , the #1 GA AAAAA, is sitting idle from 9/10 to 10/10. If an East TN team desired to put some of this debate to rest, I'm sure the Broncos'd like a game.

64, I'm not a big fan of the unapproved website site yet - at least from a rankings standpoint

I think the unapproved website rankings tend to put too much emphasis on strength of schedule.

rollredroll and 64,

I have some credibility questions about the unapproved website site starting with their power ratings which have two teams from Montana as #1 and #5 in the country. Nothing against Montana HS football, but that is bizarre don't you think?

Edited by gobigred

GO, I too have a problem with Montana. I'm pretty familiar with WA, OR, NV, ID, UT and I could see a MT AA in the Top 25; BUT, 4; AND 9 from IL! No FL, 1 CA, no OH or PA! The only mitigating factor will be all MT teams will eliminate each other via attrition.

I did spend a weekend in the Greater Chicago area 3 weeks ago...saw New Lennox, Providence man-handle a lesser opponent (NL was nationally ranked that week, only to lose the subsequent week). I saw Hoover do EC in on Thurs. and my fav' league in the East Texas :) on Friday. I don't think IL teams, generally, could stay on the field with TX, 5A, Region II, Dist. 11 or De LaSalle. ...Guess Great Falls has to be added to the travel "play book." Where did I put those Mesa Airline miles?

Taking gobigred’s post one step further, there are FOUR Montana teams in the Top 25 (#1, #5, #9, #21). Numbers 5 and 9 lost to number 1; number 21 lost to numbers 5 and 9. This is what I meant by the poll putting too much emphasis on strength of schedule – whether or not Capital is number one in America is very debatable (I don’t know anyone outside of Helena, MT who would agree, and probably most Capital fans would disagree, too), but assuming for a minute they are number one, you shouldn’t rank numbers 5 and 9 highly just because they played (but lost to) the number one team, and you shouldn’t rank #21 highly because they played (but lost to) numbers 5 and 9. Also, there are two two-loss teams in the unapproved website.com National Top 25…hard to buy that.

I don’t take these polls seriously, but I’ll readily admit I look at them every week for the heck of it. And I by no means get excited or lose sleep over what I see. I think unapproved website.com is neat in theory, and they have taken on a monumental but admirable task in providing national high school sports coverage, but I do think they need to tweak their initial database somewhat. I bet that the poll will look a little more reasonable at season’s end.

Anyway, back to MBA-CBHS.

i would give the nod to cbhs for running backs but their top rusher is out until the playoffs with a sprained mcl. original starter michael marable is back but he hasn't played since the brentwood game. don't underestimate their receivers either. russel is one of fastest players in the state plus a 6'3" height advantage.