Grundy @ Coffee

chs4life

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue,

hey man, you do your thing... no more hating on my part. however, I would like to say that many of your posts were somewhat arrogant (alittle on the "know it all" side/ and since you do lack personal playing experience... well you'll always have validity issues with some of us... :D ) and your posts were alittle shady as far as loyalty and "school spirit" go too. But its all good! I think alot of people take pride in this program and when we get something going, I think we all want to nurture that momentum at all cost. so when a guy comes around spouting off statistics and making negative comments (which you did), I for one become alittle defensive. You see Blue, one thing about football is its a mental and a physcal game. if you have the mind set that youre unstoppable, you proably will be; however, you see things in a matter of stats... which is cool, I guess :D but I think you never take into account that strange things can happen on a friday night... but its all gravy, from here on out I'll stay off your back and you can take the human spirit into account on your posts. :(

Sounds good to me

much love :D

Edited by joemontanaismyhero57

Footballfanatic, this is the last post I will make in a manner of response to you. I have no desire to feud with you. It's hard to imagine that you are the same person who shook my hand after an engaged idle chit-chat at the YMCA this past spring.

Hmmm. . .well, I'm not arguing with you anymore. I don't want to get on John Luke's bad side, and you are his little brother. I have nothing but the upmost and highest respect for John Luke as an athlete, as a friend, and most importantly as a man of God. He certainly is a positive role model, and as a fellow Class of '98 grad alongside him and a with him being a good friendly aquaintance of mine, I will not start a quarrel with a member of his family--one of his little brothers no less.

And Jake, I respect your older brother Michael too. I remember times when he'd ask for my help with his homework every now and then. He almost got married to one of my best friends from Franklin County.

Small world. See you two guys later. I'll continue to post every now and then, maybe. I don't know. I guess it depends on whether or not I feel like it. I'm all into football more than any other sport so once footall season ends I'm usually not on these messageboards much anymore. It's about that time of the year again.

Edited by SemperFiBlue

My only question here is, why is COffee County dropping down 2 classifications to play a team? Is this a rivalry. I can see dropping down 1 class but not 2.

:D THE REDRAIDERS [ COFFEE COUNTY ] HAVE PLAYED GRUNDY COUNTY FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS STARTING IN 1926. AT THE TIME THERE WERE TWO HIGH SCHOOLS IN TRACY CITY, ONE CALLED SHOOK HIGH SCHOOL AND THE OTHER WAS GRUNDY COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL. THE REDRAIDERS PLAYED BOTH.

Hey, thats fine, you can speak peoples names on here all you want to, i dont know what your trying to accomplish though. But its not that I have a problem with you, i just disagree with the things that you said regarding the teams that played for Coffee County in the past. You made it seem like you knew exactly what caused all of it, but you weren't even in high school during those years! you have no clue! Then you started making smart little comments on all your posts about your football knowledge. you can go back and read the old posts and see that all the things that i said were in response to you and your smart elic comments.

I think you were out of line on your comments toward "my" team and I took offense to it. And I was never trying to make enemies. I also never said you knew nothing about football! You put those words in my mouth. What i said was, you don't know what was going on in 98-02 cuz you weren't there, and you obviously had no place to say what you said because you have no knowledge of football with hands on experience and have know clue why we lost games. its simple anyways, fewer numbers, lack of weightlifting, and lack of big strong atheletes. You even wrote things that were untrue! like, how we have been second to last in 5A every year except the year we lost to warren co.! You obviously don't know what your talkin about cuz in 99 and 2000 we were in 4a and in 2000 we beat lawrence co. and hillwood along with warren co.! so how we were second to last in 5a like you said, i have no clue. And last season Coffee beat the region champs, Cookeville so i am pretty sure they didn't finish second to last. all you did is make a bunch of stuff up, and you expect know one to point it out?

and yes, I am john lukes "little" brother (no less)lol. and yes, he is a man of god as well as I am. And i am sure your not on his bad side, he is sittin at home laughing his head off at all this. You need to lighten up man. If I saw you again, i would shake your hand like before, i don't have a problem with you, but i don't like the fact that you are trying to give me a bad name on a public board. I realize you know who I am buddy. so the disscussion is over, I call a truce. is that cool with you?

by the way, I am like 4 inches taller than my older bro. so i am not really his little brother any more :o

Edited by footballfanatic

footballfanatic is a beast... I would say he's JL's younger brother! He's like 6'2", ripped and athletic as can be. (i felt the need to point that out)

But I guess we ran blue off... :( ...

that makes me kinda sad :huh:

Oh well, I guess we can refer back to the 98 football shirt on this one... R.W.O. -- WHO'S NEXT?

much love to the Raider World Order...

(what were we ever thinking on that one :o)

Edited by joemontanaismyhero57

Well this is an interesting topic to write about. Grundy started hot as well did coffee but times have gotten rough for both. People have already started pointing fingers on the mountain. Coach Price is steadily turning the program around at Coffee. This game a battle of two teams that need a win. Coffee has a solid running attack with the Nunley kid and Grundy lost a big key back in the second game of the season. So the running attack advantage goes to Coffee. The quaterback situation is key for Coffee because if Grundy can somehow stop the running attack the problems will be put on the shoulders of the Clark kid. They will more than likely run a shotgun formation due to the torn knee ligament. Grundy has a agile quaterback that can make things happen. Advantage Grundy.

Defensively they are both terrible so it is a toss up. Grundy has an advantage but half of the defensive will not put any effort into playing. So know it is even. This game will be an offensive battle and who knows what the score will be. Both teams need to make a push with the playoffs looming ever so closer. But I will tell you fans from Coffee you have a great play by play man in the Knott guy(Hope I spelled it right). Have heard his work before and is professionaly done. Heard he was at Grundy station and things did not work out but whatever makes him happy. He is a class guy and great to the kids. Good luck to both teams on Friday.