FRA 0 Davidson Academy 24

OnlineLC

I never anticipated this score.

This was a huge loss for FRA since in all likelihood they will miss the playoffs for the 3rd season in a row as Davidson have an easy romp after the DCA game with Jo Byrns and Nashville Christian and should take the 4th playoff spot. FRA still have DCA and CPA on their schedule and I cannot see them pulling off an upset on either of these two teams.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened in this game? It looks like FRA, despite having much less total yards, had plenty of chances with just one less first down, less penalties, and a turnover. Especially seeing how the played against Ezell, I wouldn't have expected this against Davidson. Sounds like the just didn't show up to play.

Just got back into town and I am not surprised by either the outcome or the score.

Online LC, this should not have surprised you. Just think about the yearly regression.

To the FRA players, I appreciate and know your pain. I have seen it before. But until that "good old boy coaching network" is flushed down the drain, this will continue.

Can't wait to see the DCA-CPA game. Is it possible to buy a ticket ahead of time?

ADAD,

First there will be no need to buy a DCA CPA ticket ahead of time. Lots of room at DCA all around the field. And yes it will be a great matchup. DCA have not beaten CPA since 1996 though many games have been quite close.

As for FRA Football I can't quite figure it out, FRA are certainly strong in other athletic areas but Football does seem to be on the decline as they only have about 25 kids on the squad. I'm sure not making the playoffs has an impact on numbers and this year is not going to help that unless a miracle happens. As for coaching, I would say they are better off than many schools, I have seem many creative plays from them over the years and I have seen those kids go beyond their natural potential many times when they have played against us. The real reality is the fact that this is the toughest region in 1A, there is no question in my mind that FRA would have been in the playoff picture in every other 1A Region apart from Region 5-1A.

Edited by OnlineLC

It is very difficult to score points when the defense knows exactly where the point of attack will be on the play.

Yes it is a difficult region. What also complicates the situation is the fact that the coaches become familiar with the opposing coaches and their style. This requires someone with a real talent for creativity. Those of you at CPA have it, FRA doesn't have it offensively.

This is a bad situation. But don't get me wrong, I still hold a lot of respect for FRA as an educational institution. But the football program is not one of those areas.

What I find so difficult to stomach is the players only have a maximum of four years to be their best. Then there high school career is over. Coaches on the other hand can be mediocre and continue to be coaches for years.

Oh well, hang in there, track season is just around the corner.

See you at the DCA-CPA game.

ADAD, what exactly are your credentials to be so critical of the FRA coaches? As I have said before, it was only 3 seasons ago that FRA was a very good ball team.

hang in there, track season is just around the corner

So is boys and girls soccer, cross country, boys and girls basketball, baseball/softball, and wrestling.

RWest you are correct. FRA has developed great programs outside of the football program. That alone should tell you something about the problems in football.

My credentials? Considering that I predicted no playoffs before the first snap was taken, I think I know something about the program.

Also ask youself this question, why isn't anyone coming on here and defending this program and this year's results?

You want another prediction? Look for the "retirement" card to be played in a couple months. Then someone else can clean up the mess that will be left behind.

Davidson played very well Friday Night. I play offense for FRA and Davidson seemed very physical. The coaches are not to blame on the loss. There were too many mistakes. I myself know that I commited a lot of mistakes. This is just a learning experience as Mcewen comes to the hill to play us this Friday. This should be a good game and hopefully FRA can bounce back. Concerning the football program, it is by no means declining. The number of fooball players on the team can not predict how good a team is. There is 11 players on the field at a time. FRA is just in a very tough region. Good luck to all on the rest of the season.

Edited by StrongRight156

Did'nt FRA's best running back transfer to Brentwood High School? That does not help when your best players are transferring. Why did Turner transfer?

It doesn't matter that he transferred, FRA's fullback and their new running back are just as good, if not better.

True, FRA does run the same plays over and over but if their tailback can turn the corner on the toss then he's most likely gone due to his speed. Running up the gut is left to the fullback who can break those just as easy as the running back can break out on the tosses

Also true, the coaches need to mix the play calling up a whole lot more. When FRA is forced to pass then it is easy for the defense to cover and that is when all their interceptions occur.

Since FRA is such a small team, there needs to be different plays thrown into the mix. If they were stacked with talent and a never ending backup team then they could run the same play every play and be succesful. The truth is that with a small team you need to outsmart your opponent and not try to overpower them.

It doesn't matter that he transferred, FRA's fullback and their new running back are just as good, if not better.

True, FRA does run the same plays over and over but if their tailback can turn the corner on the toss then he's most likely gone due to his speed. Running up the gut is left to the fullback who can break those just as easy as the running back can break out on the tosses

Also true, the coaches need to mix the play calling up a whole lot more. When FRA is forced to pass then it is easy for the defense to cover and that is when all their interceptions occur.

Since FRA is such a small team, there needs to be different plays thrown into the mix. If they were stacked with talent and a never ending backup team then they could run the same play every play and be succesful. The truth is that with a small team you need to outsmart your opponent and not try to overpower them.

So what you are saying, it does not matter that you lose a player of Blake Turners caliber. Maybe that is why you guys are losing, You're mentality of thinking is off. When a single A team loses a player like Turner, it does matter. He could be a huge factor. Come on man dont play stupid. You should be upset that Turner is not at your school.

Turner was a very good player, but Souder has already broken more long plays in his junior year than Turner did junior and sophomore year and Turner had by far a bigger and more experienced line than Souder does right now. Turner hasn't been easily replaced on defense however, with a freshmen starting at outside LB and a sophomore starting at inside LB. But who's to say that Turner would have made that much of a differnece? He would be very usefull in all aspects of the game, but enough to pull out the wins against DA and Ezell?