FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"They always find a way to win. They don't know how to lose,'' Franklin senior receiver Ryan Nichols said of Brentwood. ''But we're going to show them how to lose. It's my senior year, and I don't want to lose to them another game.''

Sounds like Ryan Nichols is planning to educate some folks this Friday night!!!!!!

Including Jeff Lockridge!!!!

Go Rebels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FHS27 - Look for Van Horne to have a hard time making tackles. If you know what I mean (wink, wink) Franklin's OLine wore ought Centennials Dline by the middle of the third quarter last week and I think we will see that same scenario play out this week. This game won in the trenches and with special teams and with speed, a great quarterback, better in my opinion than Edmiston and Wolke, and three outstanding receivers. David Campbell and David DeFatta there for us when we need field position and or a field goal. Brentwood is just outgunned! Brentwood has luck and our mistakes going for them Van Horne on Dfense and Fugate on Ofense.

History tells us that stupid penalties and turnovers have plagued Franklin in this matchup. Last week's debacle with the flags flying everywhere should be beneficial to discipline this week as well as the no huddle offense.

In reviewing the film of Centennial the score should have been 51-3. I base that on three plays The first TD for Centennial great pass by Bates, should have been broken up. Second TD for Centennial was set up by a crucial run that was a forward lateral the refs missed and we should have had a TD on the ball nichols misjudged and one at the end where we let te clock run out.

Now before you start getting on to me about sour grapes and being a poor sport....I just want to point out that the game just wasn't as close as the score suggested! If Brentwood is going to try to pound our middle they should have alot of three and outs...if they take it to the corners...well I've said all I'm going to about that subject! Glad to read that they are not quick to go there!

Still like Franklin 52 Brentwood14

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Now that is a really sophomoric thing to say.  Everybody else is showing respect for everybody else regardless if they agree with the others opinion and then you get into the fray.  If you really are a dad why don't you act like a mature adult rather than the high school wannabe you sound like.

Good luck to both teams but I'm counting on Brentwood to pull it out.

sophomoric? Now that's the pot calling the kettle black.....go back and watch your channel 9 tapes from the last two years and then come talk to me about sophomoric. We're just dishin back a little of whats been thrown our way. Which your announcer started. If your gonna dish it out you better be able to take it!

Sorry BDD that dog want hunt. I have not posted nor will I post anything like what you posted. The sad thing is, it is not the first time I have seen your trash talking. I am not responsible for what others say and post I can only be responsible for my behavior and I hope that I show a lot more maturity than I've seen in you.

My only "trash talking" has been about your former color analyst and your fans. I have never, and will never, trash talk any of your players. I have been been complimentary of both Ian Van Horne, saying he is the best linebacker in the state and of your quarterback last year, only making fun when it came to loudermouth's comments pertaining to him(i.e. Mr. Everything).

Maybe since your school had the good sense to get him off the air, I should back off? What do you think?

Mother1 - His reprehensible comments are on tape, and were on public television, and were a direct slap in the face to players and parents of FHS. Do you condone what he said? It appears that fromthetop2 does or at least wants us to forget about it. Should we? Did you ever watch Channel 9 highlights of Bruin Games? Do you even know what you are talking about?

Edited by BigDogDaddy

BigDog a little inaccurate on that one 52-14? wow a little out of that range you might beat us but not by that much

I tried to explain my outlandish speculation by pointing out what I thought the score should have been against Centennial. Again not trying to badmouth or talk any trash but to point out how three plays made a big difference in the outcome and that, In My Opinion, the game was more lopsided than it may have appeared by the score.

Given the last two outings between Centennial and Brentwood I am making a generalization that they are equal. A stretch, I grant you.

If we are as explosive offesively as we are capable of being and if Brentwood tries to pound it up the middle, than yes I think 52-14 is very doable. If however, everything I've read on this sight regarding Bruins not being as strong offensively as last year is wrong and their Defense has a great night, then yes maybe a 28-24 middle of the road type score is more in order. And as I'm sure you are aware by now I watch Channel 9 religously! Pain me as it may!

And there's got to be at least 14 points worth of revenge in there somewhere! :blink:

Edited by BigDogDaddy

The rain should be out of or leaving the area by kickoff. There's only a 20% chance of rain for the 4:00pm on period. I'm not too worried about it... we've already played in gale-force winds proceeded by rain so it's all good for Franklin, at least.

I can't wait for this game... heck, I can't wait for Coach Johnson's radio show here in about five minutes. It's going to be a battle but it does have the potential to be a blowout as BigDogDaddy predicts. We'll see though in about 25 hours...

GO REBELS!!!

One other thing... have you Brentwood folk been brainwashing your students into believing that the BA loss didn't count last year? "No, it didn't. They're not in our division so it was just a preseason game." Exaclty what one tried to tell me the other day. "So we haven't lost in two seasons now." Oh well, too bad as Ryan put it, y'all are gonna know what it's like tomorrow. I'll be glad when I don't have to hear from that student how amazing Brentwood is.

Woohoo! GO REBELS!!!