FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thought that just popped in my head...BHS would be well advised to go to McCurdy (spell?) this week. There is no way that Welch will be able to avoid a rush that Franklin's D will bring. Too much speed versus not enouch footwork equals alot of sacks and punishment. I suppose that's if they put it in the air much.

All this sounds vaguely familiar.... I just hope the Franklin guys are workin' hard on the field and not worrying about what everyone on CoachT thinks. I recall some teammates of mine getting a little bigheaded before the first game which cost us a loss. If you read this guys, keep your head in the game and know that it will be a battle. None of that blowout junk you're reading on here. Good luck and hopefully I'll be there to support ya'll Friday night.

Well if I say something and then it appears that Franklin comes out cocky Friday night... I'll take some blame. But honestly, I don't think that's going to happen. If a player reads some posts on CoachT and says "oh, well we're sure to win now" they're crazy. This is why I've started to be less conservative than at the begining of the season. What I say should have no real outcome on the game. If I was a player, it'd be a bit different but I'm just participating in some fun discussion about the game.

That being said, I'm not going to back down from my prediction, which isn't really a blowout. I have an honest opinion and I also have full faith in my Rebs to get the job done Friday night. Heck, I'd love to see them come out and just demolish Brentwood and win 45-0. That's not going to happen though. I just think sometimes some people take this place a little too serious.

No offense Rebelguy, cause I certainly understand where you're coming from. I just want you to see where I'm coming from as an extremely biased fan that has what I feel is hopefully not too biased of an opinion.

Edited by FHSrebel27

Don't write Brentwood out of it based on what they've done to this point. You can pretty much dismiss what each team has done up to this point of the season in this game.

Make sure your sidekick Loudermouth is there Friday, we all want to hear him moan and groan all game long about the refs and how dirty Franklin Players are and how we get away with holding and anything else he can come up with! When Jon Kirn smacks Fugate in the mouth with a solid hit, I want to hear Loudermouth cry!

Being horribly outnumbered on these posts, and having to put up with BigDogDummies ignorance (you need to get back on your meds), I'll just sign off and say let's have a clean game, see you again in the playoffs, good luck to both teams going forward. Lot's of ball to play after this one. Region 6-5A: The toughest 5-A region in the state. And, still the home of the Class 5-A State Champions.

Sportsguy1976 pretty much nails this game down. Specifically, he said "But... all this is speculation... big games like this come down to breaks and mistakes... who makes them and who takes advantage... Franklin had chances to beat Brentwood in the playoffs last year, but the Bruins came up with the break to win... " This is the key to the game. Franklin is in the driver's seat for this game - it's theirs to win or lose, based on how they handle the breaks and mistakes (specifically to take advantage of breaks that fall their way and avoid mistakes). The Rebels need to ignore the past, most of the posts on this this board, and just go play football Friday night. It could be close or it could be ugly - either way, this one will go to the Rebels if they focus on football.

Make sure your sidekick Loudermouth is there Friday, we all want to hear him moan and groan all game long about the refs and how dirty Franklin Players are and how we get away with holding and anything else he can come up with! When Jon Kirn smacks Fugate in the mouth with a solid hit, I want to hear Loudermouth cry!

Now that is a really sophomoric thing to say. Everybody else is showing respect for everybody else regardless if they agree with the others opinion and then you get into the fray. If you really are a dad why don't you act like a mature adult rather than the high school wannabe you sound like.

Good luck to both teams but I'm counting on Brentwood to pull it out.