worst fields to play on

juicyt

Boy if that's the only thing you have to complain about.... get a life! The East Ridge playing surface (turf) is as good as any in Chattanooga!

If you took that as such an insult, I bet they had to hospitalize you when the Chattanooga paper said that East Ridge had (I can’t remember, was it the worst or next to the worse) athletic facilities in Hamilton County.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The school is old and so are the facilities. The gym was built in the mid-1980's but everything else is very old; however, you won't find a better playing surface on any field in town! Football, baseball, and softball fields are all very nice and well maintained. The community takes a lot of pride in their school and they volunteer a lot of time to keep them clean and ready for games. We need a new locker room and weight training facility, but that is a few years down the road. Our stands are okay and our press box is adequate! The playing surface is the main point of focus for our staff and we all work at keeping it up year round. Next year we should have new lights and we have a good practice field! If you want to see some very bad athletic fields and facilities, you need only drive to any number of fields inside Hamilton County. If you want to compare facilities, take a drive North to the Upper Cumberland Region and look at some of those fields. Trust me when I say, anyone who doesn't like the East Ridge field hasn't coached or played at some of the places where my teams have played games. I can name about fifty schools around the state that would love to have our football and practice fields!

BTW... what is the nickname that most coaches and players in Hamilton County call your field?

Edited by ELA

Marshall Counties field is the outfield for the Baseball Field and there is no crown but he playing area is always in good condition.

Want to go to an artillery range and play go to Montgomery Central. We had a player twist his ankle and cut it requiring stitches when he stepped into a HOLE for the sprinkler system out in playing area.

BTW... what is the nickname that most coaches and players in Hamilton County call your field?

I honestly don't know. I noticed at the SP game that we had a very large sign under the scoreboard that welcomed SP to the "SWAMP." I have very mixed feelings about that. It is, in fact, a swamp. But I hate everything there is about Florida Gator's football.

I got a one that just might top all of them...Harrimans field was condemned last week, because they bleachers were not safe. They can't play any more home games, not the mention running to the left side is like running up a hill, there grass has spots of crab grass sticking up everywhere. The worst part about it is they haven't won a game in like 2 1/2 years.

I can kind of see why... but our boys said that Collinwood was the worst field to play on. It doesn't appear bad really, but that's just the guys complaining!

I cant beleive they didnt like the field, its like soft astroturf. Its a very fast surface. I think it does have a higher crown than most, but they did that on pourpose because it used to get really muddy. Now it drains pretty well. Maybe they didnt like it because they lost.