region 4 pickem week 7

Guest Oakland

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well usually i wait for slim to make his picks but it looks like he may have gone awol, so i guess i will go ahead with mine:

I just recieved a phone call from slim589, he is having computer problems :D

But he reminded me that was in 3rd place and said he was eagar to catch me so here are his picks via Gallatin:

Riverdale over Oakland

Blackman over Lebanon

Wilson Central over siegel

Smyrna over Lavergne

Franklin over Brentwood

MBA over Christian Brothers

Hope you get the problems solved slim :(

Guest region4fan

Of course if it could be helped no one wants LC early and at the PIT. But........since we haven't secured a spot yet....................any game in the play-offs is okay by me. I would like to see a SHS/LC matchup to see how Smyrna matches up with that HUGE line for LC. They are massive and they are quick. Didn't yall scrimmage in the spring? I know scrimmages, especially in the spring, are not trustworthy................but how did that one come out?

Truthfully, I have not been keeping up with what order LC's region is stacking up to be. I also haven't reviewed the brackets. Tell me who is where and I will let you know.

I know you will think I am as crazy as you already thought....but I wouldn't mind getting LC again. I know we could make a better showing than last time. I am going in circles here......but you are right about the order , it could really be a death sentence to finish too high #2 or low #4.

Guest region4fan

Hey Toe.........you know me ...I am just like a radio station..........love to keep the hits a coming. If I knew #6, I would be #1 in the region4 pickim contest, not practically in last place.

After next week we may be able to start filling in those brackets with some degree of confidence. They will have to be done in pencil with a lot of big games left.

I think Region 3 was all non-region games this week. I think they currently stack up:

1. LC

2. Coffee County

3. Franklin County

4. Cumberland County

That lineup is very much subject to change.

Riverdale looks good for the top spot in Region 4 but they still have to go out and win their games. Lebanon, Oakland, and Smyrna will decide the rest of the order in head to head match-ups the next few weeks. The rest of the region (Blackman, Lavergne, Siegel, Wilson Central) are all but mathematically eliminated.

I have been remiss in not extended congratulations to the Riverdale team. They are now in a VERY strong position to take the region title in a very tough rebuilding year. A couple more wins and that first goal will be in hand.

Can't believe we are heading into week 8 already.

Just a scrimmage but ones vs ones was 2 to 1 LC. We definetly have more overall speed but they are huge up fornt. We actually scored our one TD with Childs at QB

Johnson had some success getting outside.

I knew LC was good but I have been suprised at how easy they have won their games.