Top 5 QBs in East Tennessee

Interested Observer

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1)Corey Russell-Cumberland Gap High School-he can throw and run, a great looking prospect

2)Mark Byrd-Cloudland High School-a great athlete who is a smart football player.

He and Russell mean more to their teams than anyone.

3)J.T. Armes-Wartburg High School-a very good athlete, but will play a different position in college.

4)Cade Thompson-Maryville High School-very smart, throws the ball well, and he plays for the best team in the state, that is public!!

5)Zach Helton-Central High School-very good QB with great bloodlines.

Cade Thompson,Brett Stanton,Knox West QB,Zach Helton,Parker Clement.You can win with any of these QBs Thompson is the best all around,his supporting cast doesn't hurt.Stanton maybe the best passer in the group.Helton is a good leader will have to do more in 2004 when Jackson and Young are gone.

There are some fine QBs in East Tennessee, but I am surprised that the name of Duran Ferguson of Dobyns-Bennett has not been mentioned...he out-dueled Clement when the Indians beat the Patriots. Ferguson has some rough edges to smooth out, but his team is undefeated and he has thrown for a lot of yards and TDs.

I also like Thompson, Byrd, Helton, was impressed with McMahan of Oak Ridge, and Joslin comes from real good stock...Ferguson is in this mix.

Roll Tribe Roll

There are some fine QBs in East Tennessee, but I am surprised that the name of Duran Ferguson of Dobyns-Bennett has not been mentioned...he out-dueled Clement when the Indians beat the Patriots. Ferguson has some rough edges to smooth out, but his team is undefeated and he has thrown for a lot of yards and TDs.

I also like Thompson, Byrd, Helton, was impressed with McMahan of Oak Ridge, and Joslin comes from real good stock...Ferguson is in this mix.

Roll Tribe Roll

I agree McMahan was impressive

*UMM MARYVILLE IS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE BOTH CADE THOMPSON AND ALEX ROUSE. ROUSE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE STARTER LAST YEAR BEFORE HE TORE HIS ACL AND CADE TOOK OVER THE SPOT AND DID A GREAT JOB. MARYVILLE MAY HAVE TWO OF THE BEST QUARTERBACKS IN THE STATE. THEY ARE BOTH VERY ACCURATE I THINK LAST GAME BOTH OF THEM WERE LIKE 8 FOR 8 BOTH OF THEM. THEY BOTH ALSO HAVE VERY STRONG ARMS. ROUSE SPENDS HALF THE TIME OUT AT WIDE OUT BECAUSE OF HIS ATHLETIC ABILITY, BUT MARYVILLE IS VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE BOTH OF THEM.