1A State Championship will be between Boyd and who

Nathan_Smithers#1

Maynardette...Maybe you can stay at robjim`s house this year so you won`t have to hock the farm. Just remember you can`t park the truck in the front yard. :)

Yea but Robjim cant even remember Lavinia's name!!!!!! My husband and I think there is a plan here. We will park the car in his BACK yard, put up a billboard, set up the Lavinia tent, complete with a porta-toitie for those who require immediate help. Robjim can come in handy here. THe John Wayne TP will be doled out with splendid generousity and we can tell fortunes for 10.00 a pop. That way, a lot of those schools who all start with acronyms will stop in, and I will let them know just who is really who!!!!!!!

Oh and people!!!!!!!!!!! These moderators are serious about things getting moved or locked or whatever if things get out of hand with the privates and public thing. I am sure of this. I tried a joke once. It got canned: KERBLOOMIE!!!

hehehehe............

Lets concentrate on football. Like our buddy Pujo keeps saying: the score is or will be 0 - 0 until whoever is playing has tossed the coin!!

GO LANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):D:D

Edited by Maynardette

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this crappy talk. I haven't posted in a while, but this is stupid. This is the year of Cloudland High. We will bring that gold ball home come December. No one and I mean no one will stand in our way for is rightfully ours. And I hope Boyd has to come to Roan Mtn. We will show them how to play mtn. football, just ask South Pitt

how it feels to get a butt kicking and have to ride off that lowly mountain knowing that there season was over. I also hope that CHS continues to beat teams 79-0.

I say if you have the stuff to flaunt then flaunt it. Lord knows we have had our share of being on the losing end. Go Killer Bees. :)

Guest gobucs03

WELL CLOUDLAND SHOULD DOMINATE TEAMS THEY PLAY IF THEY ARE DECENT THE REST THE REGION HAS A COMBINED 8 WINS.WILL CLOUDLAND BREAK A SWEAT UNTIL THE 2ND OR 3RD ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS?

Cloudland never gets challenged until the 3rd round. I think it is crap for them to talk smck yet the teams in there region are sorry. I admit, some of the teams in region 4-1a are not top calibut, yet the 3 non- region games they play, they play a good 3a team Smith COunty, and 2 good 1a teams in Greenback and Moore County. They don't play teams and beat them 79-0 like 0-7 Jellico!!! If you look on the strength of schedule, it shows that you are last on strength of schedule.

So, a little public school from Beautiful Roan Mountain works like crazy, and with eight sophomores starting, they get handled in the 2001 Finals. And last year as Juniors they lose in the Semi Finals; certainly deserving of much better than the immature assault their catching here.

Incidentally, none of their players have had anything negative to say to any of you.

Tlhat bunch of "hicks" so many of you refer to have more class than to do so.

They're better this year. They are a tremendous bunch of very hard working guys that deserve so much better than all this trash talk.

krichunaka, I agree that the program at Cloudland and the kids deserve respect for their hard work and accomplishments. I don't agree with their character assassinations and the tone of some of trash talk on these posts. However, their strength of schedule not only hurts them get the respect they probably deserve, but hurts them getting ready for the playoffs. Their combined opponents records this year is awful. They can't do anything about the Region games they must play, but they can go out and find some other games against good opponents. I don't agree that good opponents won't play them - they just need to call. CPA and USJ had a home and away after they met in the Clinic Bowl. Boyd plays Goodpasture and FRA. Why doesn't your AD call Boyd, SP, Gatlinburg Pittman, Rockwood, etc.? There has to be some good teams out there that will play them.

krichunaka, I agree that the program at Cloudland and the kids deserve respect for their hard work and accomplishments. I don't agree with their character assassinations and the tone of some of trash talk on these posts. However, their strength of schedule not only hurts them get the respect they probably deserve, but hurts them getting ready for the playoffs. Their combined opponents records this year is awful. They can't do anything about the Region games they must play, but they can go out and find some other games against good opponents. I don't agree that good opponents won't play them - they just need to call. CPA and USJ had a home and away after they met in the Clinic Bowl. Boyd plays Goodpasture and FRA. Why doesn't your AD call Boyd, SP, Gatlinburg Pittman, Rockwood, etc.? There has to be some good teams out there that will play them.

Cloudland's athletic budget might be a problem which you don't take into account. I think it is tight evn playing the teams they are playing. All of the teams you mentioned would probably require an overnight which I believe would be too expensive. All of us would like to see a tougher schedule to prepare the boys for the playoffs but they are not feasable. Lunsford has done as much as possible to strengthen the schedule such as scheduling some Virginia teams which had very good teams last year but have had unforseen poor performances this year.

Also, I assume, but admit I don't have facts, the private schools have a larger athletic budget to allow them to travel like some of them do.

Also, there were more than just a few schools which did or would have refused to play us. I know of two that refused.

Hey, does anyone out there want to play Cloudland!?????

I know there are alot of coaches on this board so if there are teams that will play them, give them a call. They try to get good teams: Appalachia was runner-up in Virgnia last year. J.J. Kelly was one of the final eight. They are just pidiful this year.

Now, to answer this post, I think it will be Cloudland vs DCA in the final. As much as I hate to admit it, the West will most likley win this war.