Cleveland 15- Central 13

anspa

anspa,

yea, hayes was overrated. he was averaging 14.5 tackles after 4 games & had 11 with 2 for loss before he went down in the 1st series of the 2nd half in the tyner game. if he had been wearing a Tyner jersey they would be saying he was the best in the state. you ought to know by now that any good player will be berated on this site if he doesn't play for the posters team.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

purplepounder, i hate to say this, but i actually am looking forward to having a number 2 in the playoffs this year, a second team that will actually not just get lucky and make it to the second round, for years now teams from 4-4A such as rhea have been pretender contenders. not that they didnt deserve how far they made it, but that everyone knew they werent all that talented, and wouldnt make it to the 4th round, i think this is the first year that 2 teams from 4-4A have strong talent, 3-4A has always had marville, central, now its also cleveland, central in 4-4A. should make for some intense matchups in the east. if yall can keep it up, cleveland and central should represent 4-4A well every year for quite a while.

Maryville 42 over Brainerd 7

Chattanooga Central 31 over Powell 7

Cleveland 24 over Knoxville Halls 14

Knox Central 41 over East Ridge 14

Here Is What i Would Pick!

Brainerd(21) At Knoxville Central(28)-OT

Knoxville Halls(40) At Chattanooga Central(47)-OT

Powell(16) At Cleveland(22)-OT

East Ridge(7) At Maryville(14)-OT

And I Agree With What You Said Too!

i think it all has to do with timing, when shamblin becomes completly comfortable, right now being that hes a sophomore, he doesnt get as much play calling freedom, nor does he need to until hes matured to handle the offense, when he starts showing his talent, so will cleveland. like ive said time and time again, cleveland hit a turning point lat year after a poor offensive performance against er that lead to a loss. they went to 3-3 and after that they were afveraging 45 to 50 points a game, beating chatt central (51-0), brainerd (56-0), walker valley(56-7), rhea county (35-0), knox carter(52-14), knox central (24-14), and then holding the eventual state champs close (26 to 14 after almost three full quarters) maryville 40-14. and all but one lineman is still here from that offense, so the only other lacking position is do to youth, and thats the quarterback. we did lose tim cooper, he was a big weapon on both sides, that opened our passing game a lot, whether you had a good passing qb or not who would find a way to catch it. i think cleveland needs to let shamblin throw it atleast 10 to 15 times a game.

anspa,

yea, hayes was overrated. he was averaging 14.5 tackles after 4 games & had 11 with 2 for loss before he went down in the 1st series of the 2nd half in the tyner game. if he had been wearing a Tyner jersey they would be saying he was the best in the state. you ought to know by now that any good player will be berated on this site if he doesn't play for the posters team.

The guy is overrated because he doesn't have great speed. He is good against teams that run directly at him, but he doesn't have the speed to run down a decent back. If he does have the talent to go to a major school he will be moved to the D-Line, because once you get to college you're going to put on a good 20 pounds.

anspa,

The guy is overrated because he doesn't have great speed. He is good against teams that run directly at him, but he doesn't have the speed to run down a decent back. If he does have the talent to go to a major school he will be moved to the D-Line, because once you get to college you're going to put on a good 20 pounds.

How many times have you seen Hayes play? Once, I'd say. He's fast enough to get Anthony Anderson on sweeps numerous times. Tackled your Kevin Hughes twice on sweeps. You didn't see the way he closed on a couple of screens against ER. He runs a legit 4.6. Can outrun all but 2 backs on Central's team. How fast does he have to be at 245#?Hey, you're entitled to your opinion, but his numbers don't lie. He is an excellent MLB & UT, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Auburn, & a few others seem to think so too.

Central...get over it. You will never be as good as Cleveland. As far as playoff possibilities, Cleveland and Chatt Central BOTH are going to get it handed to them by Maryville and/or Knox Central. Be glad that you are on top of the region; that's as good as it's going to get. Both teams go out in second round.

hey basspro. let me tell ya somethin bud. iv played with hayes for 2 years and ill tell ya from experience (something no one else can speak from on here). hayes DOES run a 4.6. iv been hit by him and i can tell you....you remember it. im 6'0'' 165 pounds and i am pretty fast myself and i can tell you right now.....i could give myself a 5 yard head start and a healthy hayes would run me down in less than 25 yards. you can think or believe whatever you want but until you have played the man and been hit by him....you cant speak from where im comin from. im a truthful person and if i thought he wasnt as good as they say i would tell you. he is big fast and an animal when he hits the field...period. he was on pace for a big night against tyner before he got hurt. a big night as in 22 plus tackles. brent makes alot of outside tackles. if you look at the other two linebackers...adam medlock and robert woods they are both really really fast. adam is one of the fastest on the team maybe THE fastest. and for brent to get any outside tackles he has to be fast because he has to out run both of the other guys....but he still does it....i rest my case.