Anderson County @ Austin East

AERoadrunners

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When ever the Mav fans gets on here the first thing that's going to come out of their mouth is, "The Refs were terrible." Imust say that you can't get every call that you wish for. In my opinion, The Refs did a great job.

AC you should keep your head up because you all moved the ball on a Great defense. That triple X play that you all had was confusing and AE couldn't adjust to it so that should be your killer play. But AC yall played a great game so just keep yall heads up

Congratulations AE on your BIG win!!!! hay kwalker....what did ya think about that little wide receiver from scott tryin to escape the WRATH of Mookie by runnin out of bounds!!! That wouldve made my night if he had stayed in just 2 more seconds!!!

He still got a few good ones in!!! Can you say...MR. FOOTBALL!!!!

Somehow Ae...I knew ya'd say that! :rolleyes: Tell your boys over there Congratulations on tonights win and that we wish ya'l;l the best in the weeks to come! I'll go ahead and say that know...cause you already know how it's gonna be when the playoffs roll around!!! haha! Anyway...congratulations again on gettin ac!

As ALWAYS.........GO FALCONS!!!!

The first thing I want to say is that I'm very proud of the way a pretty banged up AC team played tonight. It was a hard fought, hard hitting affair that was alot closer game than the score would indicate. I am also very proud of Zach Rogers (# 31) who stepped in at RB for an injured Jason Sanders and ran the ball very well, and very hard each time he touched the ball.

AE played like champions, they made the big plays they needed to make, to win the game, and I love the speed they move to the ball with from their linebackers.

I also loved going to AE for this game. It is truly a fantastic environment to watch a high school football game at.

Finally AE, I do have to say that was the WORST officiated game I have EVER seen.

I hope the officials have the guts to watch the game film and see how poorly they did tonight.

Anyway congrats to AE!

Thanks MAV: But for my little football team our team motto is: Winners Take the Pain and Losers Just Complain.

So in other words, don't complain about the refs you're never going to get a good group of refs. But that running back you all have, had one heck of game. He also took some big hits too. Every yard that he gained he fought far.

Edited by AERoadrunners

Pigeon, sorry I didn't respond to your comment earlier. Yea, I laughed when the receiver from SC ran out of bounds instead of going forward to gain a few more yards before Moo Moo caught him. But then I thought, if I were that receiver and I saw Moo Moo running after me, I would have not only run out of bounds, but hurdled the fence, ran down the track, & caught a cab back to SC. We all heard the hit Moo Moo gave #28 - I bet he's still feeling it! GO FALCONS! :o

Edited by kwalker4

I don't know about the two weeks in a row thing Hornet, I for one never complained about the refs at the Fulton game.

As for the hankie count, it was more about the calls that weren't made. The line judge who was moving the chains forward for an AE first down, while the ref was walkin off the holding penalty, and then guessing on where to bring the chains back to for the original line of scrimmage. The fumble when the RB got hit in the back that they ruled the guy already down on (not even close). One of the best hits of the night that was 5 yards out of bounds on a kick return, no call. The reciever that was tackled around the ankles while the ball was only about half way there, no call. The right hook to the helmet that #45 threw because he was frustrated at not being able to get around his block, no call. I could go on and on, just watch the replay it's all there.

I'm not saying the refs lost the game for AC. I don't believe in that. Lets not pretend though that the refs were not awful, they were.