Anderson County @ Austin East

AERoadrunners

Hey Hornet:

Not 2 call U out but I have a little insight to the "player" you keep refering to as living with Larry Kerr. The young man in question played on a team that went 4-6 in his senior season, his father was abusive atbest and physically aggressive atworst. Larry not only took this young man into his home but showed him what it was like to be loved and genuinely cared for. Was he a star? Absolutely not.....Was He a starter? Maybe the second half of the season when a team with 23 total players had been hit by the injury bug.

To rave on and on about recruiting is silly, especially when this is your best case on which to draw. If you want to call him lyin Larry.....thats fine you wont be the first nor the last. But lets let this kids story go.........I have heard this young man has a son and I guarantee he will treat his child better than his Father treated him and this is all due to the Love the Kerr family showed him.

As for the game I am sure the Mavericks will be fired up, now whether thats enough to get by AE.......who knows.

Good Luck to both teams as I expect to see another great High school football game at a very exciting venue.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post Ex-Vol25.

I think sometimes we all forget what is the greatest thing about high school sports, and that is the lessons that can be learned, and the positive way that young peoples lives can be affected.

Hornet, you're way off base on this one. "lyin Larry Kerr, and Jerky Joel Helton", aren't you the one that said this message board wasn't about name calling! You don't seem to be able to stick to the rules you claim to uphold.

It is amazing that the people all over the Knoxville area have always called him lyan Larry, and the people of AC refused to recognize why they call him that. I can remember that old saying since I was first coaching in the mid 80's. He has always been called that for a reason, and everyone knows him as that. He does care for his kids, but don't let him fool you. It is only done to take care of his team. For some reason kids have always transfered to AC since he has been there.

Off the record I don't think the same things will be said to the AE kids that where said to the Fulton kids Friday night. That word was safe to say in Anderson County, but it aint safe to say in East Knoxville. I had better stop now before it gets ugly. The good news is I just saved money on my car insurance.

Edited by PLACALL

If you all are so knowledgeable about Larry Kerr, then why does people call him lyin Larry, I bet no one actually knows the reason. He is one of my dads best friends, and he told me why they call him that, and it isnt near what it is made up to be. Ill just say that people in the Halls area are jealous of Larry Kerr, and the rest of the story is for you so called Coach Kerr historians find out.... Let it be. YOu all have this thread about AE and AC become off centered. Hornet why dont you do us all a favor and go to another thread about how bad you Carter Hornets are and will always be. GOod luck to the players on Friday night, I hope for a clean safe game, and don't let your opinions of one person make you think AC is a racist place. The only people that are racist at AC are the ones that are scared, trust me I graduated from there...

Edited by Bonfire