Williamson County

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Luck...too easy of a word to use. Nobody knows what it really means. That is because luck is nonexistent. Either you make plays or you dont. Either you have the vertical leap, the hand-eye coordination, and the concentration to bring down a hail mary or intercept one, or you don't. It is that simple. Joe Bell caught the winning touchdown in that game because he is an awesome football player. Big time players make big time plays. The kids from Brentwood had their shot at bringing that same ball down, but they didn't. End of story, no luck invovled.

When asked about his secret, Barry Bonds said, "Talent. My talent is different. You can't teach that. You don't have it. There's no secret. I'm good." And he's got a point. He makes plays because he can. He's better than everyone else. Brentwood Academy has a trophy case full of state titles because over the past thirty years, they've been better than everyone else. They have had good players, who made plays. This year, Franklin has good players that are making good plays. Nobody calls it luck when Lincoln County blasts somebody out of the water by 50 points. Why is that? Why is it only called luck when its a tight contest? It takes the same talent for Joe Bell to make that catch as it did for him to return kicks for touchdowns in early season blowouts. Luck doesn't exist.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we'll see how much "luck" will be involved the next time Franklin and Brentwood play... my guess is it won't be decided by a last-second hail mary... and it may not turn out the way most of you hope...

Let's not forget Ron Crawford is cut from the Riverdale/Gary Rankin cloth... Riverdale hasn't been to the state title game seven times in the last 10 years for nothing... you don't beat a good coach twice in a season...

And please don't think I'm trying to bash Franklin... far from it... I was glad to see them finally beat Brentwood... but the Bruins physically whipped them Friday night, and they were fortunate to make a couple stops and take advantage of Brentwood being conservative in the second half to win... Franklin couldn't run the football at all... you can't do that and beat Brentwood twice...

Edited by sportsguy1976

Yes, well, we'll have to see if that even does happen again. If Region 6 finishes like I think it will with Brentwood third (I think DC is that good having seen them play Riverdale) and Region 5 finishes like I think it will with Antioch second... well the Bruins will have a tough game on their hands AT Antioch. Franklin will end up with either Hendersonville, Beech or Hunters Lane (Region 5 is very undecided right now) at Franklin. That would set up a game at Franklin if both BHS and FHS win. Shoot, I think I give the edge to the Rebels again. But ya know, that's WAY down the line and something I'll only think about it occaisionaly. Thank you for the vote of confidence though sportsguy1976...

There's going to be some pretty strong early playoff clashes when Regions 5-5A and 6-5A get together. Whoever comes out third in the Franklin-Brentwood-Dickson tryst will probably go to Antioch for the opener. That'll be fun. Centennial at Gallatin in another quality opener. I still think Hendersonville's under-rated. They've got a ground game that could control the clock and shorten the game and I don't think they'll be an easy punch-out like last year at Franklin. Hunters Lane's hiding in the woods too. At least I won't have to go far to see some really stout ball. Save me a seat at Antioch for the opener.

Well, we'll see how much "luck" will be involved the next time Franklin and Brentwood play... my guess is it won't be decided by a last-second hail mary... and it may not turn out the way most of you hope...

Let's not forget Ron Crawford is cut from the Riverdale/Gary Rankin cloth... Riverdale hasn't been to the state title game seven times in the last 10 years for nothing... you don't beat a good coach twice in a season...

And please don't think I'm trying to bash Franklin... far from it... I was glad to see them finally beat Brentwood... but the Bruins physically whipped them Friday night, and they were fortunate to make a couple stops and take advantage of Brentwood being conservative in the second half to win... Franklin couldn't run the football at all... you can't do that and beat Brentwood twice...

A couple stops?! How about stop after stop in the fourth quarter... and how about a HUGE stop in OT?!

AND TIM JOHNSON ISN'T A GOOD COACH?! :lol: That's basically what you're saying when you say Franklin can't beat Crawford twice in a season... I hope this game does happen again so you can see how wrong you are.

Well sportguy, I would have to say Tim Johnson is equal to Crawford. Not to take away from Crawford but notice that now that his NFL offensive coordinator is gone, they lost. I think that was the big advantage they had last year.

Go back and count who had more three and outs...I agree that we can not run against brentwood between the tackles. All of our yardage came from quick hitches or bubble screens and speed sweeps to the corners. But look at the number of times Fugate got snuffed at or behind the line of scrimmage. Your O line did a better job against us at first, but not in the second half.

Is Ian Van Horne not as powerful on Offense as he is on Defense? He must not be if you only give the ball to him 3 times! If you had gone to Dinger the way we went to Nichols in the 4th Quarter, I think the score is 42 - whatever the refs let us have w/o calling a penalty.

I agreed with every call the refs made except the hold on murray#1 on the bubble sreen to the left side that Nichols scored on.

When you say Brentwood whipped us, I agree they were powerful with their OLine in the first half and #90 was putting some awesome bull rushes on our left tackle all night long on Defense, particularly in the 4th Q but, I think overall we had more gas and played with more emotion in the end.

Brentwood needs to buy some real FG Posts and get rid of those romper room posts they have now. I thought the first FG and the last PAT were good!