Livingston at Portland

nicole

Wow! What an exciting game between the cats and the Panthers. As a LA fan, I was delighted with the victory (two years in a row :lol: ) over the Panthers. Livingston fans always look forward to playing teams like Portland who are known for great football. However, I was sorely disappointed by the lack of sportsmanship displayed on the gridiron on Friday night. Portland players received penalties for dirty play between the whistles and foul language beforee the ball was snapped. I also witnessed irate behavior by Portland coaches toward the officials. I would think that Portland High School would want to represent itself in a more positive manner. Come on Coach, teach your boys how to represent their team, school, community, and families in a way to bring honor instead of reproach. With this type of behavior, I can understand why Portland has had two or three players ejected from games this year. Players should be taught how to handle a loss as graciously as a win.

Way to go LA!! :lol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! What an exciting game between the cats and the Panthers. As a LA fan, I was delighted with the victory (two years in a row B) ) over the Panthers. Livingston fans always look forward to playing teams like Portland who are known for great football. However, I was sorely disappointed by the lack of sportsmanship displayed on the gridiron on Friday night. Portland players received penalties for dirty play between the whistles and foul language beforee the ball was snapped. I also witnessed irate behavior by Portland coaches toward the officials. I would think that Portland High School would want to represent itself in a more positive manner. Come on Coach, teach your boys how to represent their team, school, community, and families in a way to bring honor instead of reproach. With this type of behavior, I can understand why Portland has had two or three players ejected from games this year. Players should be taught how to handle a loss as graciously as a win.

Way to go LA!! B)

I am not surprise that this is still a problem,But I am surprise that the school has not step in and done something about this teams sportsmanship or lack of.Everyone (myself too) are putting the blame on the coach,but the parents, well most parents are watching their kids do they think poor sportsmanship is part of football. When we play them I seen it myself --my guess is the coach and the parents are to blame. Come guys talk with these kids .

Wow! What an exciting game between the cats and the Panthers.  As a LA fan, I was delighted with the victory (two years in a row B) ) over the Panthers.  Livingston fans always look forward to playing teams like Portland who are known for great football.  However, I was sorely disappointed by the lack of sportsmanship displayed on the gridiron on Friday night.  Portland players received penalties for dirty play between the whistles and foul language beforee the ball was snapped.  I also witnessed irate behavior by Portland coaches toward the officials.  I would think that Portland High School would want to represent itself in a more positive manner.  Come on Coach, teach your boys how to represent their team, school, community, and families in a way to bring honor instead of reproach.  With this type of behavior, I can understand why Portland has had two or three players ejected from games this year.  Players should be taught how to handle a loss as graciously as a win.

Way to go LA!!  B)

I am not surprise that this is still a problem,But I am surprise that the school has not step in and done something about this teams sportsmanship or lack of.Everyone (myself too) are putting the blame on the coach,but the parents, well most parents are watching their kids do they think poor sportsmanship is part of football. When we play them I seen it myself --my guess is the coach and the parents are to blame. Come guys talk with these kids .

I really am surprised at the allegations against Portland. I know...in the past...they have won sportsmanship awards. I am sure that this is a problem that will be corrected by Coach Perry and his very good staff (if indeed it is a recurring problem).

Blame it on their location...being so close to Kentucky and all...

Like Antwan...I've never seen poor sportsmanship from any of the Portland teams we've faced....It's always been a good experience visiting their field...

I am optimistic that this isn't a recurring problem...maybe just overexuberance by a bunch of kids...hope so anyway...

WHEN WE PLAYED THIS YEAR AND LAST YEAR, THEIR SPORTSMANSHIP WAS VERY POOR. LAST YEAR AT THE GAME NOT ONLY WAS THE SPORTMANSHIP FROM PORTLAND LACKING ON THE FIELD BUT OFF THE FIELD AS WELL. WHILE OUR BOYS WE'RE KNEELED IN PRAY A KID FROM PORTLANDS SIDE STOOD OVER THEM FROM THE FENCE, SCREAMING THROUGH MEGAPHONE( I THINK THATS WHAT ITS CALLED), PROFANITIES AND OTHER STUFF. WE ACTUALLY HAD A KID TRY TO START A VERBAL FIGHT WITH US :o. I COULDNT BELIEVE IT I WAS IN SHOCK. THE SPORTSMANSHIP ON THE FIELD WAS JUST AS BAD ONLY PHYSICAL. BUT I DID SEE ONE MAN, CALL ONE KID AWAY FROM THE FENCE WHEN THE GAME WAS OVER WITH, AND GET ONTO HIM ABOUT HIS MOUTHING. SO IM SURE THERE ARE PEOPLE THERE THAT COULD HELP THE KIDS TO UNDERSTAND SPORTSMANSHIP. SOMEONE NEEDS TOO. IM NOT SAYING THERES IS NOT REMARKS MADE AT SOMETIME OR ANOTHER FROM EACH TEAM, BUT THIS WAS ALMOST A CONSTANT PROBLEM WHEN WE PLAYED THEM BOTH YEARS.

I don't think that ptowns sportmanship is that bad. Do they earhole you at the whistle? Yes they do but it is legal as long as the whistle has not blown. I think the closer the game is the more aggressive they play. They have been in some close games this year and their really not use to it.

Four years ago Portland was playing us here in Macon Co. and I was on the chain gang. So I was On Portland's sideline and I talked to some of the players, mostly freshman (They are seniors now). They were very well mannered, Yes sir and No sir and all that good stuff I like to hear from young men.

I know Upperman has had one player that has been ejected from 2 games this year and nobodys talking about Uppermans bad sportmanship. Peetown gets a lot of attention because they have a successful football program.

Just my opinion.

I don't think that ptowns sportmanship is that bad. Do they earhole you at the whistle? Yes they do but it is legal as long as the whistle has not blown. I think the closer the game is the more aggressive they play. They have been in some close games this year and their really not use to it.

Four years ago Portland was playing us here in Macon Co. and I was on the chain gang. So I was On Portland's sideline and I talked to some of the players, mostly freshman (They are seniors now). They were very well mannered, Yes sir and No sir and all that good stuff I like to hear from young men.

I know Upperman has had one player that has been ejected from 2 games this year and nobodys talking about Uppermans bad sportmanship. Peetown gets a lot of attention because they have a successful football program.

Just my opinion.

Don't you guys just love BigB?He's always making sense...and always being the good guy, taking everyone's side..All I want to say is Good Job..Your doing great...trying to keep everyone cool...and I love how you defend teams, when they should be defended, i know your a MC fan, and you defend us alot...but you defend many other teams as well...WAY TO GO! BIGB!!

Just my opinion.

Don't you guys just love BigB?He's always making sense...and always being the good guy, taking everyone's side..All I want to say is Good Job..Your doing great...trying to keep everyone cool...and I love how you defend teams, when they should be defended, i know your a MC fan, and you defend us alot...but you defend many other teams as well...WAY TO GO! BIGB!!

Thank ya very much.

I'm sure don't everybody agree with you on that one.

Jae, you are to nice yourself.