Can anyone beat Milan?

cofo

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure anyone can be beaten, at any given time. I would say Carver, Mitchell, Milan, Lipscomb, Goodpasture, & Tyner, any of these 2 could make the finals.

The last team to shut Milans offense off when they needed to score was Mitchell. I think as good as Milans coaches are to adapting, the offense will be ok this time vs Mitchell. Carver may be another story. However if Carver solely depends on the run, they may be in trouble also. It will take a consistent and diversified offense to score on Milan consistently. At some point and time vs Milan the other team will have to start throwing, and if they can not stretch the field and complete some passes, Milan will eventually close down the run.

Another phase of the game that is important is the kicking game and field position. Milan has dominated every game in the kicking game and field position, mainly because of Sam Sullivan who has probably over 1/2 of his kickoffs go into the endzone and is consistent on XP's and FG's. He kicked a 47 yd. against Dresden. It is difficult for a team to drive 80 yards to score time after time, especially with a weak passing game. And when you pass against Milan you can count on 2 things, you will not have all day to throw the ball and Daylon and Rod are lurking back there with your recievers.

It will also take a very fast defense that can dominate the line of scrimmage to slow down Milans offense. I figure Lipscomb, Tyner and Goodpasture have these combinations. When 2 of these play it will be a shootout and may come down to who has the ball last.

Milan is the most complete football team I've seen in 20 years. They have the whole

package. Early prediction....Milan vs Lipscomb/Tyner winner in BC/BS Bowl w/Milan

being the winner.

They are complete. Two excellent WR's who run 4.2 (Walker)and 4.5 (Beasley). Rod Smith at RB/safety& weighing 200 lbs, running a 4.5 and benching 315 lbs. Goff at FB running around 4.6 and benching 400lbs! and West at QB who runs around 4.5 also. They are fast on offense and defense and hit hard. A Kicker who just kicked a 47 yarder this week. This team probably has 4 all state players with West QB, Smith RB, Beasley WR, and Davis at Linebacker. I think it will be a Milan/Tyner final and either team could win it.

Milan could be challenged in any game. Milan has yet to compete in adverse weather conditions which could hamper some of their offensive weapons. It is something they need to experience for later on. I would say a challenge could be Covington. Everything would have to fall Cov. way as they do have some good looking athletes. The next test should be round 3 with Carver, possibly round 2 Mitchell. You never know who Memphis teams bring. I would think the finals vs Lipscomb, Goodpasture or Tyner. I think Milan can survive all of these teams and hope they do. The teams they have played so far have not been able to make consistent offensive and defensive plays. The elite teams in AA will.

Milan has made several small mental mistakes each game. They have not really shown up due to the level of competition. Little things beat you when the teams are equal. Milan is continuing to improve, I am still looking for that close to perfect game though. VS Dresden 9 penalties, some missed tackles, and some catchable balls missed, an interception, etc.

I will have to say the effort has been there though each game. Go Dawgs

Two excellent WR's who run 4.2 (Walker)and 4.5 (Beasley).

Rod Smith running a 4.5 and benching 315 lbs.

Goff at FB running around 4.6 and benching 400lbs! and

West at QB who runs around 4.5 also.

They are fast on offense and defense and hit hard. A

yeah yeah yeah thats good and all but yall aint saw fast till you see that # 27 on the back of Michael Grandberrys jersy. but you will see plenty of # 27 running away from you're dbs all night long come friday night. you gonna have along bus ride back to milan. chargas cant be stopped. you better bring some asperin for your running backs

Sure anyone can be beaten, at any given time. I would say Carver, Mitchell, Milan, Lipscomb, Goodpasture, & Tyner, any of these 2 could make the finals.

The last team to shut Milans offense off when they needed to score was Mitchell. I think as good as Milans coaches are to adapting, the offense will be ok this time vs Mitchell. Carver may be another story. However if Carver solely depends on the run, they may be in trouble also. It will take a consistent and diversified offense to score on Milan consistently. At some point and time vs Milan the other team will have to start throwing, and if they can not stretch the field and complete some passes, Milan will eventually close down the run.

Another phase of the game that is important is the kicking game and field position. Milan has dominated every game in the kicking game and field position, mainly because of Sam Sullivan who has probably over 1/2 of his kickoffs go into the endzone and is consistent on XP's and FG's. He kicked a 47 yd. against Dresden. It is difficult for a team to drive 80 yards to score time after time, especially with a weak passing game. And when you pass against Milan you can count on 2 things, you will not have all day to throw the ball and Daylon and Rod are lurking back there with your recievers.

It will also take a very fast defense that can dominate the line of scrimmage to slow down Milans offense. I figure Lipscomb, Tyner and Goodpasture have these combinations. When 2 of these play it will be a shootout and may come down to who has the ball last.

Milan was challenged week 7 at huntingdon. Turns out all that hype of the mustangs was all talk. :D And they were ranked #3 in the state.

Milan is the most complete football team I've seen in 20 years. They have the whole

package. Early prediction....Milan vs Lipscomb/Tyner winner in BC/BS Bowl w/Milan

being the winner.

They are complete. Two excellent WR's who run 4.2 (Walker)and 4.5 (Beasley). Rod Smith at RB/safety& weighing 200 lbs, running a 4.5 and benching 315 lbs. Goff at FB running around 4.6 and benching 400lbs! and West at QB who runs around 4.5 also. They are fast on offense and defense and hit hard. A Kicker who just kicked a 47 yarder this week. This team probably has 4 all state players with West QB, Smith RB, Beasley WR, and Davis at Linebacker. I think it will be a Milan/Tyner final and either team could win it.

Sounds like these guys need to quit football & run track. 9yroldchamps, where are you getting your times from? If Walker is running a 4.2 that guy needs to try out for the olympics because he would win a gold medal. Your times sound like a 9 year old posting that. Get Real! I am sure Milan is good & all but you guys that are posting about meeting up with Lipscomb in the BC Bowl, you better be worried about the next game at task. I would not be surprised if you guys dont make it to the BC Bowl, ya'll are too busy running your mouths instead of focusing on the next team.