CPA - DCA sore?

Govolss

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was certainly a bit of an emotional roller coaster, especially when it was tied 14-14 and DCA were about to kick a Field Goal. The blocked FG and retun for a TD was what shifted it permanently in CPA's favor.

DCA defense was very suspect on the run and Luke Landers got huge yardage. CPA defense was absolutely awesome and shut down Wooden for the second year in a row with the run.

I am very impressed with DCA's Fenwick as QB and Hall.

Sat next to some really great Cloudland folks, just as I expected incredibly nice people but like everybody else around here they do have a strange accent.

Online, I agree that Fenwick is very impressive. Once DCA ran some plays where he could run or pass, they were a little more effective, but CPA defense was very stingy. Kudos to Coach Pack and his staff. Proved again they are hard to outcoach in big games. DCA line dwarfed the CPA line but CPA defensive scheme and team speed were the difference.

Landerblue and his friends made it over just fine. The had to sit with Online the entire game so they may come back to the mountain with an accent. baldcoach stopped by from Chat., so it was good to see all of our Coacht buds. Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

I can`t believe that you guys had guests from "the Mountain" and you made them sit with Online! ;)

What were you thinking!!!

Online probably talked about stuff like soccer all night long.

Congrats to the Lions of CPA. Awesome performance! Especially the defense.

Landers was too quick for the DCA defenders and the defense held Wooden in check all night with the exception of that one pass.

We know who dominated Region 5 this year! I feel sorry for the top 1 or 2 seed that will be seeing them in two weeks.

Go Lions!

Congrats to the Lions of CPA. Awesome performance! Especially the defense.

Landers was too quick for the DCA defenders and the defense held Wooden in check all night with the exception of that one pass.

We know who dominated Region 5 this year! I feel sorry for the top 1 or 2 seed that will be seeing them in two weeks.

Go Lions!

Assuming we beat FRA next week, it looks as if Collinwood will be the #2 seed and we will finish 3rd in Region 5. It appears we will be going down the Natchez Trace to Collinwood for the 3rd year in a row, and most likely Davidson Academy will be going to Wayne County.

I was a little surprised that CPA dominated the line the way they did, on both sides. DCA has good size up front. Landers doesn't need much room to get loose, but he had plenty to work with tonight. His speed and agility is something to see. Also kudos to Sikes, what a TD catch, he literally played jump ball and took it away from 2 defenders. Also, his heads up play and TD run on the blocked field goal.

After tonight, I'm convinced it will take a mighty good football team to beat CPA the way they are playing now. DCA is a very talented team, just wasn't their night.