gallatin looses to hunters lane

texflex05

So let me get this straight. First, before tonight's game, Hunters Lane will get slaughtered because: its at Gallatin, its senior night, its a must win because the TSSAA/McGavock thing. Now, after the total domination by Hunters Lane, the poor green wave were distracted all week. Poor babies. Give Hunters Lane credit. They did what nobody thought was possible. Convincingly. Total domination. And with Gallatin officials.

Edited by alzado

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was almost more angry after the game last night, and reading these comments this morning than I was after hearing the TSSAA decision earlier in the week.

treach43, you want HL to get their due credit. Here it is, I say you outplayed the GWave last night. Squoshwave17 said, "you were better than us tonight", and Gwave1 says, "you are a very good ball club". Someone elsed mentioned the noise you will make in the playoffs. However, that is the extent of the credit I will give you as I will discuss later.

texflex you mention that GWave only talks crap when they win. You are WRONG!!! They don't talk crap win or lose. Our coaches have instilled enough about class and integrity in our boys that they do not behave in that manner.

To the both of you, I say HANDS DOWN the GWave team has more class, intergrity, bravery, and courage than your team will ever attempt to have. I am referring to after the game. While your team was busy "talking crap" and jumping up and down on a GWave field rubbing their noses into the loss, our GWave boys were refocusing their minds on next week's game. They continued their ritual of having a team prayer and huddle. Finally, another senior night ritual was able to take place when your team finished stomping on the G in the middle of OUR field. The seniors surrounded by the team said their last goodbyes to "The Pit". As our team walked off of the field together, a unit, cries of more HL players could be heard in the distance. HL just could not have done anything more to prove their POOR SPORTSMANSHIP!!!!!

In conclusion, I will say that HL had the best football team. (your due credit) However, Gallatin's team members will be winners in LIFE, because they are the ones that know how to hold their heads up in defeat and victory! You know our boys have learned a lot about courage, self-control, pride and integrity this week thanks to TSSAA. HL thanks for one more of life's examples of how they DO NOT want to act in victory.

GWave players and coaches, We love and support you always!

So let me get this straight. First, before tonight's game, Hunters Lane will get slaughtered because: its at Gallatin, its senior night, its a must win because the TSSAA/McGavock thing. Now, after the total domination by Hunters Lane, the poor green wave were distracted all week. Poor babies. Give Hunters Lane credit. They did what nobody thought was possible. Convincingly. Total domination. And with Gallatin officials.

Just how many times has Gallatin ruined your metro football seasons to hold such a grudge?

Granted there are some obnoxious fans that pull for Gallatin but there are some who are not so bad either.

If you would like I will put the metro records against Gallatin on here over the last lets say last 50 years so we can all see why your so disgruntled. Even the ones with a * beside them.

Gallatin may be out for this season but I believe your schedule is already made out for next year :D

I was almost more angry after the game last night, and reading these comments this morning than I was after hearing the TSSAA decision earlier in the week.

treach43, you want HL to get their due credit. Here it is, I say you outplayed the GWave last night. Squoshwave17 said, "you were better than us tonight", and Gwave1 says, "you are a very good ball club". Someone elsed mentioned the noise you will make in the playoffs. However, that is the extent of the credit I will give you as I will discuss later.

texflex you mention that GWave only talks crap when they win. You are WRONG!!! They don't talk crap win or lose. Our coaches have instilled enough about class and integrity in our boys that they do not behave in that manner.

To the both of you, I say HANDS DOWN the GWave team has more class, intergrity, bravery, and courage than your team will ever attempt to have. I am referring to after the game. While your team was busy "talking crap" and jumping up and down on a GWave field rubbing their noses into the loss, our GWave boys were refocusing their minds on next week's game. They continued their ritual of having a team prayer and huddle. Finally, another senior night ritual was able to take place when your team finished stomping on the G in the middle of OUR field. The seniors surrounded by the team said their last goodbyes to "The Pit". As our team walked off of the field together, a unit, cries of more HL players could be heard in the distance. HL just could not have done anything more to prove their POOR SPORTSMANSHIP!!!!!

In conclusion, I will say that HL had the best football team. (your due credit) However, Gallatin's team members will be winners in LIFE, because they are the ones that know how to hold their heads up in defeat and victory! You know our boys have learned a lot about courage, self-control, pride and integrity this week thanks to TSSAA. HL thanks for one more of life's examples of how they DO NOT want to act in victory.

GWave players and coaches, We love and support you always!

WAVEMACHINE, YOUR post shows what class really is, you lost but, now HL acts badly after the game. Football teams celebrate after big wins, even gallatin, CRY in your beer and get over it, IT IS JUST A GAME FOR HIGH SCHOOL KIDS!!!!!!!!

hunters lane is nothing but a bunch of punks. you want to have your team huddle right next to ours?? you want to dance on our sacred G?? yall better be glad that we have class and classy coaches cause we were about to rip every one of yall a new one. but guess what. the guys that are juniors and sophmores play at yalls place next year. and you can guarantee that im gonna be there right behind yalls bench decked out in gallatin attire making my presence known. and all of you that want to call us crybabbies come into our locker room and say that to our faces and see if you make it out.

Hunters Lane asked Gallatin to have a group (both teams) prayer after the game at midfield, an FCA ritual. Gallatin declined. Hunters Lane then went to midfield to do their prayer. Gallatin went toward one endzone and did their team prayer. Hunters Lane was excited. Gallatin was dejected.

Gallatin's traditional postgame rituals were unknown to Hunters Lane. Those guys just knew that they always prayed with their opponents at midfield after games. When Gallatin declined, some HL players took it the wrong way until they were refocused by their coaches. No disrespect toward Gallatin was intended.

Alzado, I can accept that. You guys really came to play and play you did. They counted over 50 missed tackels in the game last night. Say what you will but those RB's had a lot to do with that. When it looked like we had containment your guys would cut back and be GONE. We could use all sorts of excuse as to why we lost but bottom line is we could not tackle and your RB's were just as much a part of that as anything. If we were not having our Basketball tip off on Thursday I would be making my rounds down to Dickerson Rd. and watching the 5-5A championship game...Something tells me it will take 50 points by either team to win this one. Good luck to both Antioch and HL talk about a track meet. When you get into the playoff rounds just keep that speed going and who knows...The West part has to go through 5-5A this year so represent well. Keep winning and you don't travel anywhere but to the BORO.

P.S. Alzado go ahead and get that plus membership its real cheap.

Edited by wave88

wavemachine i am in no part for the hl team i am part of the commandos and i do know that your coach is not the kind of man you say he is. he skrewed hendersonville by telling us that he loved it here and he was going to retire here and then out of the blue with no warning he just quit and went to our arch rival. that is the character of a coward and by the way before our game when the coaches were painting the field some of your players (a huge lineman and his buds not to say any names) drove through sayin f u gusy u f'in stink we r goin to kill you tommorrow. what kind of class does that show? i don't kon about what class hl has. probably none.they didn't ask us to pray with them after we beat them.i really didn't think that they were that good. they didn't outrun us and looked like a verry undisciplined team to me. the best team we played all year was antioch i believe. coker was good but i believe that it was their other back #28 (preston brown i think) that killed us , and i garuntee that if there was a foot race between hl and antioch antioch would kill them.

So tex, I guess it is completely out of the question for a coach to transfer schools, huh? We wouldn't want anyone in the mix to be offended... And by the way, I wouldn't say too much. I seem to remember us beating you last week. But that is beside the point. I am now going to make a bold statement that is prob. gonna come back to bite me, but oh well. These metro schools mean absolutely nothing to me. They have win streaks, but most of the time, they are usually pretty bad. If you remember, when McGavock had that Quinn guy, they were pretty good. Now look at them. Antioch and Hunters Lane will soon fall into the same category. However, Gallatin(And I can throw Hendersonville in as well) have made a reputation for producing good football teams year in and year out. Let's see how the metro schools fair in the next couple of years...

First of all, why would ANYONE make a thread about how their team lost? I doubt any one of the people on these boards would do that. Second, as far as us talking trash, I did not hear a single word out of any Gallatin players mouth, and haven;t all year. As far as that goes, who was the one who got the taunting/insportsmanlike conduct penalty at the end of the game when they were going in for their last touchdown? Not Gallatin. Yes Hunters Lane is a very good football team, I won't deny that. They have tremendous speed, and a lot of options when it comes to getting the ball to someone. However, no one can deny that Gallatin wasn't on top of their game last night. They just looked to be playing uninspired football. They did not look like the team that has rolled through the season AT ALL. Missed tackles hurt, thats for sure. I had other obligations that kept me from going out onto the field last night after the game, so I can't really comment about that part. Though you better believe I wish I could have been out there. Because there is no better feeling than Green Wave Pride!