Best Teams In Class A

CATS1

You say that every team has a bad game every once in a while, and NCS had one against FRA. They are a 3 point team and their shots werent falling. Also, Jarrett's truck was stolen the weekend before the game that was on a Monday and none of the players or coaches' minds were on the game. I saw Coach Anderson have a private conversation with an alleged victom literally 5 minutes before tip-off. The players were not focused, and thus played poorly. Another factor was the refs. It was absolutely ridiculous... I remember one play where the call shoud clearly have been made and both refs looked at eachother in complete confusion for literally 15 seconds and neither one of them even saw the play. There was about 5 or 6 terrible calls that changed the outcome of the game. If Cameo made the layup NCS was still in a good position to win. But oh well it was still close despite all of this. FRA is decent but they werent as good as NCS last year. come holler at the REGION CHAMPIONS!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that every team has a bad game every once in a while, and NCS had one against FRA. They are a 3 point team and their shots werent falling. Also, Jarrett's truck was stolen the weekend before the game that was on a Monday and none of the players or coaches' minds were on the game. I saw Coach Anderson have a private conversation with an alleged victom literally 5 minutes before tip-off. The players were not focused, and thus played poorly. Another factor was the refs. It was absolutely ridiculous... I remember one play where the call shoud clearly have been made and both refs looked at eachother in complete confusion for literally 15 seconds and neither one of them even saw the play. There was about 5 or 6 terrible calls that changed the outcome of the game. If Cameo made the layup NCS was still in a good position to win. But oh well it was still close despite all of this. FRA is decent but they werent as good as NCS last year. come holler at the REGION CHAMPIONS!!!!

Oh, well I'm sorry that the whole entire team was so distraught over one player's vehicle being stolen a week earlier. But I was at the game, and the ref's let a lot go both ways, so it was not just bad refs that gave the game away. The game was already over by the time Cam missed the wide open layup, so that was also not a factor. And the fact that you think NCS was better than an FRA team that was "decent" shows your arrogance and ignorance, but I wouldn't expect any more from NCS people.

well it would have put NCS down by 4 or 5 with like 3 minutes left so I think thatd give them a pretty good shot. Seriously though, the TSSAA needs to require a shot clock even if it is 45 seconds. I still dont see how you are trying to discredit NCS' Region championship. We won and people rarely ever stopped our 3 point shooting all year. If Summertown wouldnt have shot 85% in the first half we would have beat them and then could have caused some problems in state. If you cant stop somebody its hard to beat them.

Edited by hsfootballfan10

Nobody is trying to discredit their region championship, they won, end of story. But they were not as good as y'all are making them out to have been. They were a good team, and very tough to beat when their shots were falling. When you say that NCS would have won if not for Summertowns 85% shooting, why does that not apply to East Robertson too? They came out and did not miss a three in the first half of the FRA game. And Jarret seemed to play pretty well despite the theft of his vehicle, and I know it is tough to play under those circumstances, because I have been there before. But you cannot say that FRA did not play good defense, and I even had friends from other teams, like Lipscomb telling us that we should have beat them by more. But you know, thats basketball. The only talking that matters is done on the floor.....

All I can say is everyone stop talking crap and come out on 11/25 and again on 1/6 and let it be settled their. NCS won the region last year and you cant change that. This all started just because I said they had a good chance to go to state and everyone had to make a big argument about it. Let it end here. Its only a few weeks away do you guys think you can wait until then and stop talking??

I agree, it does apply to East Robertson and FRA but I only saw the second half and from what i saw big #54, the backup center, was eating FRA up inside. They were running the high low with their other post at the free throw line ala Hudson and Randolph at MSU and lobbing it inside to #54 for open layups. I mean, thats just what i saw. But i agree, there were a few teams that played good perimeter defense, and FRA was one of them. good luck this upcoming season.

Wow i sure missed a lot during the course of the day, and i too hope the trash talking can come to an end, or at least until some games are played. I don't know how much of an effect the officials and the theft had on the game, all i know is that the style of play worked for FRA and they won. I was too busy nursing a tore up knee from the JV game to really pay attention anyways, but i do know that FRA won lol. Also im somewhat curious as to who Fridge and Rwest are. I know nobody likes to reveal anything but i get the idea Fridge either goes to FRA or has a kid there, and the same for Rwest. I guess it's somewhat irrelevant anyways. Also i know FRA has great academics but there's no reason to insult the intellectual abilities and standards at NCS when talking about basketball. Sure some people may say things that shouldn't be said and are childish, i sure do, but you cannot base an opinion about a school and its academics on what a few crazy basketball fans say. But i can tell you this much, if you're gonna talk trash to NCS03 don't let him find out who you are LOL. Alright getting a little carried away now. Anyways i think its great NCS fans are on supporting their much improved basketball program as well as fans from FRA and opposing schools. Wish the best of luck to everyone, but from my own biased opinion, the reigning region champs will be back again and taking the title from them will be no easy task. Just my 2 cents, and its time to HIT THE SACK. :D

• 4 weeks later...
I'm glad someone from NCS is brave enough to call anyone else stupid. I'm also glad that because FRA had a bad game that their victory against NCS doesn't exist. Did NCS go undefeated last year? Were they even close? Until they are, maybe some of their fans should stop talking like it and realize that they WILL lose to FRA this year, because they are not the Dream Team you ignorant people would like to believe they are.

Funny, looks like this guy just said we will lose to FRA this year. Anyone catch that final from Tuesday night?

Dude, y'all won. Congratulations. It's over. All of this trash talk was stupid. Most of the people talking didn't even have a role in the outcome. Unless you're Jarret Anderson, you shouldn't be talking either. I'll admit he single-handily destroyed us. He's one of the best shooters I've ever played against, and I've played against the likes of Raymond Felton and Rashad McCants. But he's also a very dirty player, but if that wins games, then it doesn't matter. The next game will be interesting when FRA's other two starters (the kids in ties) are back. That doesn't excuse the FRA loss this time around. But I gurantee you they will make a difference. Jarret will not get as many open looks with #3 on him, or if #5 is on him. #15 simply wasn't quick enough to stick with him, but he's used to guarding a traditional post. For ow, congratulations NCS, y'all beat us fair and square. It was one heckuva game, that made for some very entertaining basketball. But let's try to end this trash talk, becuae I know none of us players like seeing it, because it only gives the other team bulletin board material. And for the record, RWEST doesn't go to FRA anymore and COASTERBOARDER is just a fan (he's also a great cross-country runner, but that's a moot point). I would much rather we just play the game and be able to congratulate each other after the game.