Baylor vs Hutchison

KizzleAssizzle

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction Ms Ashley only got one goal and missed a beautiful header off the cross bar. Goode opened the scoring with a beautiful move left and then a left footed far post shot. Felts completed the scoring for Baylor with a nice chip of the goalie.

Not a pretty game: lots of kick ball, neither team took space when it was there with the dribble. Baylor looks weak in the middle and slow on the R fullback side with certain personnel alignments. Big guns up front for Baylor and solid fullback play was the key. Starting front line left game for good with 25 min to go up 2-0.

There seemed to be a big drop off in Baylors play when they started to sub except for Hayes Taylor in the middle. She was aggressive (about 5 or 6 restarts caused by her). Heard that several of the solid bench players are sick so today Baylor had to play deeper into its bench.

Father Ryan will beat Baylor tomorrow if Baylor doesn't play up to their true ability.

By the way - FR played 3 up front with a big girl on the right who has a heck of a left foot. Wonder if they will play the same tomorrow against Baylor. If so, the resulting one less defender should have Ms Ashley and Ms Lauren and Beth just licking their chops!

ah very good... I will tell you this much If Baylor can'tbeat Father Ryan then something is wrong... Father Ryan played Ooltewah early in the season and escaped 3-2 after going down early 2-0(in FRHS' defense Ooltewah did have their full squad for that game), and Baylor destroyed a lesser Ooltewah team 8-0(the Girls were missing 2 key players at the time but still...) anyway I think it may have been Harpeth Hall...I don't know for sure, It was the Team with the girl wearing the NYU sweatshirt... maybe you remember, where were you sittingn during the Baylor game anyway?

Agree, PJPII had best team play of the day, dominated ND much more than the score indicated due to two major keeper errors and #5 is one heck of a player - probably the fastest first 3 steps Ive seen. Her her goal count is now about 43 for the season. Was told that she played keeper for her club team in the past.

ND was in over their heads plus most of school was sick this week. Not a good time to meet such a polished machine as PJPII.

Question for those that were at the Hutchison v. Baylor game.

#24 for Hutchison, Joy Thompson, typically gets assigned to mark the opposing team's biggest offensive threat. Though small, she usually takes them out of their games to a point and makes them look as if they're playing poorly.

Did she mark Murphy, and how did she do?

6 of Hutchison's players play for Purple Rain '88 which got beat in the state finals by a Franklin team (I believe).

Murphy was able to get around the defenders and get off some dangerous shots and great passes and at times made the defenders look as if they were standing still. She was definitely targeted and was taken down with some cheap shots at times. The ref called most of them but at times Baylor could have used a "no-call" and taken advantage of having the advantage.