Baylor vs Hutchison

KizzleAssizzle

No, I'm not joking. No coach wants to lose a game, but in Baylor's case they don't focus on the outcome, especially early in the season. Again, in the game against Centennial (the only loss I saw), as they have every other game, Baylor has a substitution rotation that had half of their starting line-up out of the game for the last six minutes of the game. Now, I'm sure the coach wanted to win, but it did seem like it was worth it to him, to take away the development opportunity for the younger players by pulling them out of a close game. That is probably the reason that Baylor is always in the state finals...they are continually developing their players.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the Baylor starters will all be playing, except for any injuries/illnesses.

You are right - they do want to win for Weekley. He always brings the most out of his players.

I'm not sure that he would intentionally lose a game, but I've seen Baylor play GPS during the season the previous two years and he will only post one forward with no help. When it came to State he played completely differently and we looked like a different team. I also remember him saying that losing to GPS in the Region final last year (or the year before) was the best thing that had happened to the girls all year. So some of it is just psychological.

Baylor comes out every game wanting to win...because of controversy and arrogance, some results have varied. The loss to Centennial came 5 hours after a physically draining fight against Pope John Paul. If anyone recalls, PJP lost to GPS that same afternoon...This was also at the beginning of the season when fitness might not have been as good as it is now. Out of respect, Jimmy Weekley probably rotates his bench players in when they are up by 3 goals...The bench players also have shined through when they are needed showing great heart and talent (i.e. region final vs. Notre Dame). My vote goes for Baylor and the depth they have coming off the bench.